Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU 2nd Approval and CLI w/high UTI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU 2nd Approval and CLI w/high UTI

Just wanted to share some data points as I have found this website extremely helpful thanks to the generosity of everyone else. I decided my goal for the rest of this year was to get my credit in shape.
I had the following at the start of my journey in July(these are approximate balances didn't take notes):

NFCU Platinum 5600/6000
Target red card 634/2500
NFCU car loan 3993/15342
Student loans 40000
1 Derog $534 (broken lease)

I have been with NFCU for 6.5 years and used my credit card both irrepsonsibly and to supplement my lacking income before I found my current job 4 years ago. As such, my SL had never received an increase in that time. I first attempted to get a APR reduction on the NFCU card so that I could tackle the payments easier. No dice. Then I applied for a couple of new cards to pad my utilization. Approved for Capital one Platinum $1000 limit, then Citi DC $600 limit. I thought that all indicators pointed to a time to stop and "garden". But then I received a "last chance" targeted offer from NFCU for the cash rewards card with 3% cash back on gas until Dec 2019 because I had my car loan with them. I hesitantly applied and....approved for a $20000 limit. Wow, wasn't expecting that. At this point I decided no matter what I was gardening for 6 months during which I would tackle my NFCU balance and then ask for a CLI to improve upon my UTI. This week I receive an email from NFCU that my credit limit has been increased to 7500 due to my excellent standing and history. I was beyond thrilled. NFCU has never done me wrong even when my credit was lacking. Hope this helps someone, like all of the posts have helped me as I embark on my journey to better credit and financial health.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU 2nd Approval and CLI w/high UTI

Congrats! Lb. Wow, what a relief for you, huh? Navy comes through again.

What are your Fico scores like?

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! Yes it definitely is. I'm hoping to reach the 700 threshold after I PFD this derog and continue to lessen my UTI.

FICO 8 scores from 8/20 per CCT
EX 658
TU 668
EQ 656

FICO 8 score from 9/21 per CCT
EX 681
TU 685
EQ 678

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice Progress. And not being maxed out on that one card plus the overall Util bump adding another 21500 in CL should get you to 700, or pretty darn close. Well done.

Message 4 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Fantastic job. Nobody does Navy better than Navy lolSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!
Message 6 of 8
stephenskd
New Contributor

niceeeee!

Message 7 of 8
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

WOW! Tons of great news. Congratulations on your approval and CLI!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.