Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU 2nd Card + CLI + CLOC Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU 2nd Card + CLI + CLOC Approval

I know the card + CLI was previously mentioned in the NFCU thread.  Posting here too now that I got the stuff showing up because I know not everyone will read everything and hope having a smaller thread with my DPs will help someone in the future!

BK discharged in 12/16 and couldn't get above $500.  I could not even get it up to the max of $1000 they allow.  Wasted many HPs trying to get another card and/or CLI on the card.  Once I hit 25+ months a few days ago and after reading a few posts on the forums, I decided to give it 1 more try.  Approved for $15000 Platinum and an additional $1000 CLI on my first card, making it $1500 now.  

Decided to give the CLOC a try too today since I've had it pop up a few times as an offer.  Tried for 15K, instant denied.  Tried 10K, instant denied.  Tried 5K, instant denied.  Only tried the 3 because I read that if you get denied, try a lower amount.  But also found it odd that it was just instantly denying me and not even going to review + deny.  Then I remembered that I froze my EQ Saturday, so I unfroze it.  Tried for 15K and denied about 30m later.  Instant alert for a pull on TU after all that.  So I decided to try and not waste that HP and resubmitted for $1500.  Approved about 5 minutes later!

The HP for the CLOC today is also the ONLY one I've gotten hit with so far too.  The CLI request + new card was done Friday evening & approved Saturday morning and at the very least, should have gotten hit with 1 on TU for the card, but nothing...yet.

1st Card:  $1000 CLI 

2nd Card:  $15000 APPROVAL
CLOC:  $1500 APPROVAL

Moral of the story here is: if you're not 25+ months post discharge, be happy with your $500 or $1000 that you got and don't go wasting the HPs trying to get more out of them.  Once you get 25+ months out from your post date, the door will open for you!  

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU 2nd Card + CLI + CLOC Approval

@Anonymous wrote:

... The CLI request + new card was done Friday evening & approved Saturday morning ...

What were the approval amounts for those please?

And Congratulations! D on your 3 approvals.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

... The CLI request + new card was done Friday evening & approved Saturday morning ...

What were the approval amounts for those please?

And Congratulations! D on your 3 approvals.

TY!

The new card was $15000 and the CLI was for $1000.  It's included above in the 2nd paragraph.  Robot wink

Message 3 of 9
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approvals and CLI!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@xaximus wrote:
Congrats on the approvals and CLI!

TY!

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your NFCU Platinum approval, CLI and CLOC approval! Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 9
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 7 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

CongratsSmiley Happy
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all!  Robot wink

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.