cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU 2nd approval $20000, first card was $500!

tag
ericccccc
New Member

NFCU 2nd approval $20000, first card was $500!

I applied for a navy federal Go rewards card 4 months ago and got a credit limit of $500. I was disappointed, but at least was approved. I waited for three full statements and got approved for $20000 (More Rewards American Express).

My Transunion fico 9 is around 750 now, and one 30 days late two years ago.

https://i.postimg.cc/5tJj3pWb/Screen-Shot-2022-11-17-at-10-40-52-AM.png  

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Reithe
Valued Member

Re: NFCU 2nd approval $20000, first card was $500!

Congrats on your approval! I've heard NFCU is more generous with SL with subsequent cards. 

Message 2 of 25
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: NFCU 2nd approval $20000, first card was $500!

Congrats on your 2nd NFCU Approval. Patience is key!

Message 3 of 25
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU 2nd approval $20000, first card was $500!

WOW!!!!!!WOW!!!!!!

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 2100/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 4 of 25
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Re: NFCU 2nd approval $20000, first card was $500!

Congrats on the strong approval!

Message 5 of 25
sourpuss29
Frequent Contributor

Re: NFCU 2nd approval $20000, first card was $500!


@ericccccc wrote:

I applied for a navy federal Go rewards card 4 months ago and got a credit limit of $500. I was disappointed, but at least was approved. I waited for three full statements and got approved for $20000 (More Rewards American Express).

My Transunion fico 9 is around 750 now, and one 30 days late two years ago.

 


 Congrats on your approval!

 

Out of curiosity, what are your Navy stats in terms of how long you've been a member and other products you have?

Message 6 of 25
sourpuss29
Frequent Contributor

Re: NFCU 2nd approval $20000, first card was $500!


@Reithe wrote:

Congrats on your approval! I've heard NFCU is more generous with SL with subsequent cards


That wasn't the case for me! Smiley LOL

Message 7 of 25
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: NFCU 2nd approval $20000, first card was $500!

Congratulations on your NFCU approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

         
Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 8 of 25
ericccccc
New Member

Re: NFCU 2nd approval $20000, first card was $500!

I have only been with them for four months. My first NFCU credit card was issued the day after I became a member.

I have a flagship account with 10k and a Special EasyStart 1-year account.

Message 9 of 25
ericccccc
New Member

Re: NFCU 2nd approval $20000, first card was $500!

 


@sourpuss29 wrote:

@ericccccc wrote:

I applied for a navy federal Go rewards card 4 months ago and got a credit limit of $500. I was disappointed, but at least was approved. I waited for three full statements and got approved for $20000 (More Rewards American Express).

My Transunion fico 9 is around 750 now, and one 30 days late two years ago.

 


 Congrats on your approval!

 

Out of curiosity, what are your Navy stats in terms of how long you've been a member and other products you have?


I have only been with them for four months. My first NFCU credit card was issued the day after I became a member.

I have a flagship account with 10k and a Special EasyStart 1-year account.

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.