Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU 2nd card/CLI first card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU 2nd card/CLI first card

So it's been a minute since I've posted on here, been kinda gardening since first applying for my first NFCU card back in December (cash rewards).

I kept a close watch on the NFCU 2nd card thread on here and knew about the 91/3 mark to ask for CLI on first card and or 2nd card, one particular poster had similar circumstances as me, that kinda made me almost hesitant to apply for a second card.

He posted that he tried and tried and tried and denied not only a CLI for his first, but also denied a 2nd card until he was 25 months out of discharge from BK7. This made me hesitant because my BK7 was discharged in November 2018, so I'm not even a year and a half out. Anyhoo my first card was cash rewards, $500 limit.

I decided that EQ was my highest Fico9 at the time and if I got a CLI then his circumstances didn't apply to me and I would also apply for a second card.

Applied for the CLI, got approved after a 24 hour wait for 3x to $1500 on first card, and immediately took that as my que to apply for the second card.

Applied for Flagship Rewards, instant approval for $10,000. My highest credit limit prior and after BK7. I have done a solid rebuild and have not been declined for anything that I've applied for yet. I won't be applying for anything else for a long long time now.

Couple data points, I have two baddies, that are both late payments that are 6 years old, TU9 was 693 at time of app. EQ9 was 698 for CLI on first card, I'm roughly 16 months out of BK7 discharge. So the 24+ months for BK7 is entirely YMMV. Smiley Very Happy

CF2B4046-BF94-4B69-A543-23B3B463082F.jpeg

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Re: NFCU 2nd card/CLI first card

Congrats on the CLI and the approval!!

Message 2 of 17
CreditobsessedinFL
Established Contributor

Congratulations!🍾 

Message 3 of 17
EverForward
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI and Flagship card, and thank you for sharing your DP!

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

...  I'm roughly 16 months out of BK7 discharge. So the 24+ months for BK7 is entirely YMMV.

That's a very useful DP -- thanks for mentioning that. And Congrats! on your Navy successes. Smiley Happy Gotta love Navy! Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys. I've been doing it right this time Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 17
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Great Congrats Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval and CLI! 👍

Message 8 of 17
newfossil
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Starting score - May 2018

April 2021

AAoA - 1 year 6 months
Message 9 of 17
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.