cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU 2nd card application - got "24/48 hour" response = fail?

tag
Pro-X
Frequent Contributor

Re: NFCU 2nd card application - got "24/48 hour" response = fail?

Congrats!!

Message 21 of 27
myquestionsfico
Regular Contributor

Thanks all for the kind words.  Got a question about Penfed, who upped my limit from 10 to 25K on my Cash Rewards card.  It was hard to tell if I got a hard pull at first, but it looks like I did for the CLI, from EQ.  No drop in my FICO score, which made me question if I did or not.

Would PenFed use the same pull again for up to 30 days if I app'd for another card with them?  I've been eyeing their Gold Card for a low APR.  Not really in the need for another hard pull though, so I may just tend the garden for a while if that is the case. 

Message 22 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@myquestionsfico wrote:

Thanks all for the kind words.  Got a question about Penfed, who upped my limit from 10 to 25K on my Cash Rewards card.  It was hard to tell if I got a hard pull at first, but it looks like I did for the CLI, from EQ.  No drop in my FICO score, which made me question if I did or not.

Would PenFed use the same pull again for up to 30 days if I app'd for another card with them?  I've been eyeing their Gold Card for a low APR.  Not really in the need for another hard pull though, so I may just tend the garden for a while if that is the case. 

Congrats on your Navy and PF success... 

They used to use the same pull for 30 days, but that was last year when i was told that.  I'm not sure if they still do tho. 

Message 23 of 27
AllZero
Mega Contributor

For Penfed, always expect a hard pull. Recent data points show 1 hard pull inquiry per application. They aren't recycling pulls. You may or may not be able to avoid it depending on recency. If no hard pull, you got lucky.

Your EQ inquiries my be binned together until the next threshold. Then, you might get a score penalty.
Message 24 of 27
Gotham-
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations on your approval
🎊🎉🥳💯✅🌈🧹

🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇ATTACK Approved
2018 Dec Starting Score: 700
Current Score: 778
Achieved Goal Score 2020: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 25 of 27
tbque
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the Navy approval!

Message 26 of 27
Pro-X
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!!

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.