cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU $4K CLI

tag
gcb730

NFCU $4K CLI

Decided to pull the trigger and hit the Luv button for my NFCU Cash Rewards Visa.  Requested increase to $5k from my initial $1K CL.  Instant approval to $5k, so it was a SP and I'm still in the garden.  I'm tempted to recon and see what my ceiling is w/o incurring HP.  I'll probably just be satisfied with the increase and try again in a couple of months.  I received an auto $1K CLI last month on my Cap1 No Hassle Cash Rewards (now QuickSilverOne), so things are improving. 

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: NFCU $4K CLI

@gcb730 wrote:

Decided to pull the trigger and hit the Luv button for my NFCU Cash Rewards Visa.  Requested increase to $5k from my initial $1K CL.  Instant approval to $5k, so it was a SP and I'm still in the garden.  I'm tempted to recon and see what my ceiling is w/o incurring HP.  I'll probably just be satisfied with the increase and try again in a couple of months.  I received an auto $1K CLI last month on my Cap1 No Hassle Cash Rewards (now QuickSilverOne), so things are improving. 

If it was an instant approval then you can go back and ask for $24k Smiley Happy Go do it and come back to let us know what you get!

edit: Also don't forget to ask them to upgrade you to a Signature version Smiley Happy

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 2 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Yes you MUST go back and ask for CLI to $25k and get your full counter CL!

Message 3 of 19
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Congrats, and if you are to call back & ask for $24k like others mentioned, let us know how it turns out.

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 4 of 19
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

For the love of God!!!!! There's a 90 page thread of the cli for NFCU that Creditaddict put together!!!! You got an instant! That means there's more in the system!! You didn't ask for enough! Go back put in $24k right now (anything over $25 in automatic hP), the system will counter!!!! For the love of GoD!!!! Come back and report here immediately, lmao!! Btw... Congrats!
Message 5 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
For the love of God!!!!! There's a 90 page thread of the cli for NFCU that Creditaddict put together!!!! You got an instant! That means there's more in the system!! You didn't ask for enough! Go back put in $24k right now (anything over $25 in automatic hP), the system will counter!!!! For the love of GoD!!!! Come back and report here immediately, lmao!! Btw... Congrats!

I like you more and more each day! LOL

Message 6 of 19
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Hahahaha at Creditaddict!! But seriously, your thread is at the top in the forum in BIG letters! Everyone that has navy accounts should know about that!!! How can you miss that thread?! Smiley Wink it should be required reading, lmao!!! Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 19
gogotexan
Regular Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Yes you MUST go back and ask for CLI to $25k and get your full counter CL!

+1   Always ask for $25K....I app'd for CLI to $25K online earlier today and was instantly countered for $20K.

Starting Scores 11/12/2012 EX - 590, EQ - 584, TU - 601
FICO Scores as of 02/06/2014 EX - 687, EQ - 659, TU - 697
BK 7 Discharged Oct 2010, In my wallet: NFCU VisaSiggy $26K; NFCU GoRewards $10K; NFCU Navcheck $15K; Star Furniture $5K, Conns Credit $7K, GE (Ashley Furniture) $1K, GE (Rooms to Go) $3K, Barclay Arrival MC $3K; PWFCU Visa $2.5K; Cap1 Quicksilver1 $2K; Chase Freedome $500; Cap1 Secured $500
Message 8 of 19
babyeyes00
Regular Contributor

I just received a CLI last week.  I've had the card (cash rewards) for a month.  I would like to push the luv button (its creditaddicts fault)  but Im scared.  Thanks guys for all of the good advice on this forum.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 555
Current Score: 685
Goal Score: 825

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@babyeyes00 wrote:

I just received a CLI last week.  I've had the card (cash rewards) for a month.  I would like to push the luv button (its creditaddicts fault)  but Im scared.  Thanks guys for all of the good advice on this forum.  Smiley Happy

you have had the card a month and already got a cli?

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.