Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU 90-Day CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU 90-Day CLI

I recently reached my "three statements and 91+ days" with my NFCU cashRewards card and requested a CLI. At the same time, I applied for a second card. On the second card, I was approved for a $2,500 limit and went from $1,000 to $2,500 on my current card; I requested a $5,000 limit on this card, reading about the $4,000 "covid-era increase."

I've been a member of NFCU for a couple of years now.

I'm wondering about a couple of things:

1. Is it possible to recon on either of these approvals? Don't get me wrong - I'm thrilled to be growing with NFCU but I do want to take advantage of any existing possibility.
  2. Ultimately, I'd like to consolidate these cards into one. After the six-month period, is it better to request a CLI on each card and then request a consolidation, or will they not allow these two actions to happen that close together?

Thanks for the advice and feedback!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Re: NFCU 90-Day CLI

Congrats on the approval and the increase!

Message 2 of 8
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your NFCU approval and CLI!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 3 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats to your successful move up & the new card Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 8
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Grats on your approval and CLI. Probably all that Navy is willing to grant you at this time.

I would give it six months then hit them up again. JMO

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I recently reached my "three statements and 91+ days" with my NFCU cashRewards card and requested a CLI. At the same time, I applied for a second card. On the second card, I was approved for a $2,500 limit and went from $1,000 to $2,500 on my current card; I requested a $5,000 limit on this card, reading about the $4,000 "covid-era increase."

I've been a member of NFCU for a couple of years now.

I'm wondering about a couple of things:

1. Is it possible to recon on either of these approvals? Don't get me wrong - I'm thrilled to be growing with NFCU but I do want to take advantage of any existing possibility.
  2. Ultimately, I'd like to consolidate these cards into one. After the six-month period, is it better to request a CLI on each card and then request a consolidation, or will they not allow these two actions to happen that close together?

Thanks for the advice and feedback!

@Anonymous Congrats on getting a CLI and a new credit line.

Navy is unlikely to grant a CLI of over three times your current limit so the maximum you were likely to achieve on your Cash Rewards card is $3,000.  You certainly can recon but its unlikely to be successful.  Also, if you total the new credit line and the CLI you'd see that they amount to $4,000.

Message 6 of 8
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the Navy approval and increase 👍🏼

Message 7 of 8
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

Love to see some successes, cheers!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.