Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU 91/3 2nd card approval plus small cli on 1st

tag
Fire6546
New Contributor

NFCU 91/3 2nd card approval plus small cli on 1st

So hit 91/3 today on my Gorewards card and asked for a cli, went to review for a couple hours...they only approved me for 700 cli so not much, but that is ok, went from 3500 to 4200, not bad after 3 months since ive heard cli are harder to get

plus my 2nd card was approved... A new Flagship instant approval for 9500

Not bad, im happy, no wasted hard pulls for 10200 worth of new credit.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: NFCU 91/3 2nd card approval plus small cli on 1st

Congrats!

Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approvals!!

SspW.gif

Message 4 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Super SweetSmiley Happy. Any gain with Navy is greatSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 21
CivalV
Established Contributor

Congratulations 🎈🎉 the first step is getting your foot in the door and you were able to do that.

I really want to get in with NFCU but I am currently paying down UTL before hand. I want to do a BT with a NFCU Plat. Once my UTL goes down my scores will boost. So when I do feel it’s time to jump, I will and hopefully I can “get my foot in the door” too.
Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CivalV wrote:
I really want to get in with NFCU but I am currently paying down UTL before hand. I want to do a BT with a NFCU Plat. Once my UTL goes down my scores will boost. So when I do feel it’s time to jump, I will and hopefully I can “get my foot in the door” too.

A sound strategy. Early on I identified Navy as a lender I wanted. Like you, I felt my scores/util needed some help before apping for optimal results. So I opened a checking/savings account to "get my foot in the door." Don't know if it helped. Seems like it might & it couldn't hurt. It did help me remain patient -- every time I wanted to jump the gun I just logged into my Navy checking account instead.

Sorry to derail there, Fire. Congratulations! on your approvals.

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval and very nice SL !!!

Message 8 of 21
Fire6546
New Contributor

Thats ok James, I appreciate everyones congrats, its been a long road since my divorce in 2012, I was married for 22 years and my ex decided to get a boyfriend and ruin all the credit we had...Ive done everything I could do to avoid BK and have paid most of the derogs, I still have 4 on my reports. Its a crappy thing for anyone to go thru, but not the end of the world. Ive since remarried 3 years ago and couldnt be happier and for navy to give me 6k cloc, 4.2k GR and now a 9.5k Flagship in 3 short months....Im grateful, especially since Ive so many inquiries, I was nieve to the fact just apping for **bleep** was hurting me prior to finding this forum.

oh yeah plus navy refinanced my nissan from capital one end of nov as well for 32k saving me 100 a month and 7k in interst after buying it last april

Message 9 of 21
Flex1
Regular Contributor

@Fire6546 wrote:

So hit 91/3 today on my Gorewards card and asked for a cli, went to review for a couple hours...they only approved me for 700 cli so not much, but that is ok, went from 3500 to 4200, not bad after 3 months since ive heard cli are harder to get

plus my 2nd card was approved... A new Flagship instant approval for 9500

Not bad, im happy, no wasted hard pulls for 10200 worth of new credit.

I love the Flagship rewards card. Very nice looking card also. 

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.