Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU 91/3 approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU 91/3 approval

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm in the same situation as you I think. Started with Navy with a $500 CL Cash Rewards Card and I am eagerly awaiting my 3rd statement / 91st day. Would you mind providing a few more data points? I see what your FICO scores are, but would you mind providing your income, whether you have any baddies on your credit, and what other products you have with navy (I.e. do you have a checking and / or savings account there, do you have direct deposit going there, do you have any other loan products there, etc.)

Sure thing! They pulled transunion. 

Fico8- 703

Fico9- 689

$45k income

0 collections

20 inq (including hp for this card)

11 derogs? (These are paid Charge off's still on my report)

5% UTI

I have a checking and savings account with navy that I opened 2/20/20. Applied for the cash rewards the same day. I use this as my main bank account and get my pay check direct deposited to it. I also was approved for the Emergency relief loan ($1k) with navy on 4/26/20. 

Also, my CLI was DENIED. I called in this morning and spoke with a rep. Ugh, well I'm still grateful for the new card. I never received a hp for the cli. I wonder if it's because I was given an auto cli at the beginning of April. My EQ 9 is 672 as of 5/7/20.

Message 11 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval!

Message 12 of 33
Jannelo
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm in the same situation as you I think. Started with Navy with a $500 CL Cash Rewards Card and I am eagerly awaiting my 3rd statement / 91st day. Would you mind providing a few more data points? I see what your FICO scores are, but would you mind providing your income, whether you have any baddies on your credit, and what other products you have with navy (I.e. do you have a checking and / or savings account there, do you have direct deposit going there, do you have any other loan products there, etc.)

Fico8- 703

Fico9- 689

$45k income

0 collections

5% UTI

I have a checking and savings account with navy that I opened 2/20/20. Applied for the cash rewards the same day. I use this as my main bank account and get my pay check direct deposited to it. I also was approved for the Emergency relief loan ($1k) with navy on 4/26/20. 

Also, my CLI was DENIED. I called in this morning and spoke with a rep. Ugh, well I'm still grateful for the new card. I never received a hp for the cli. I wonder if it's because I was given an auto cli at the beginning of April. My EQ 9 is 672 as of 5/7/20.

I have a question that hopefully you can answer.  I opened my NFCU cashRewards a couple of months after yours and received a $500 SL also.  I also have some paid derogatories on my CR.  TU is my lowest FICO score.  I was hoping they would  pull my Equifax 9 for my next app, as it's 716.

I'm trying to figure out the prism through which they view me as far as when I should apply for my next card:  three months (I doubt it).  So six months or a year later.   I received a new credit card just a couple of weeks before NFCU and another card the following month, so three new CCs, including NFCU, all within the span of two months.  I think getting the BB&T CC after NFCU will affect me as to when I should time my next app with NFCU.    In some paperwork (I believe regarding my internal score), they did mention something about the amount of accounts I had opened within the past 24 months.

So my question is:  How many CCs did you open within the past 12 months and what months?  Were any close in time to opening your first NFCU CC in February, or after?

Thanks.

Open Credit Cards:
Green Dot Primor Secured (5/18) - $450 CL (CLOSED 2/2020)
Capital One Platinum (8/18) PC to Quicksilver (9/19) - $3800 CL
Capital One QuicksilverOne (3/19) - $4800 CL
Merrick Bank DYL VISA - No AF (6/19) - $1400 CL
Discover it Cash Back (9/19) - $2800 CL
Amazon Prime Store Card (4/20) - $10,000 CL
NFCU cashRewards (4/20) - $4500 CL
BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards (5/20) - $3500 CL
Navy Federal More Rewards American Express® Card (3/21) - $9700 SL - at 9.65 %.
Experian FICO Score - 8/2018: 528

Experian FICO 8 Score - 9/2022 - 720
Equifax FICO 8 score 2/2022- 692
TransUnion FICO 8 score 10/2022 - 728
Experian FICO Mortgage Score - 725
Message 13 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous  Super Congrats on your Navy Fed GO Rewards $4,100 approval! Smiley Very Happy

Best of luck as you continue to rebuild. You are certainly on the right track now! Smiley Very Happy

Message 14 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

... Also, my CLI was DENIED ...

Many are denied the 1st CLI attempt -- fret not. Smiley Wink It will grow, just add water & a little sunshine now and then. Smiley LOL Congrats! on your new card & thanks for adding those DPs. Smiley Happy Long Live Navy!

Message 15 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jannelo wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Fico8- 703

Fico9- 689

$45k income

0 collections

5% UTI

I have a question that hopefully you can answer.  I opened my NFCU cashRewards a couple of months after yours and received a $500 SL also.  I also have some paid derogatories on my CR.  TU is my lowest FICO score.  I was hoping they would  pull my Equifax 9 for my next app, as it's 716.

I'm trying to figure out the prism through which they view me as far as when I should apply for my next card:  three months (I doubt it).  So six months or a year later.   I received a new credit card just a couple of weeks before NFCU and another card the following month, so three new CCs, including NFCU, all within the span of two months.  I think getting the BB&T CC after NFCU will affect me as to when I should time my next app with NFCU.    In some paperwork (I believe regarding my internal score), they did mention something about the amount of accounts I had opened within the past 24 months.

So my question is:  How many CCs did you open within the past 12 months and what months?  Were any close in time to opening your first NFCU CC in February, or after?

Thanks.

At the time of apping in feb 2020 I had 7  new accounts in 12 months. 4 of which were reporting at the time of my app that were opened 2/2019, 03/2019, 04/2019, and 12/2019. The other three new accounts weren't reporting because I had apped 5 days before apping for the cash rewards. 
I had one new account report 03/2020 with discover. I also was approved for a loan with NFCU 4/2020

Message 16 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats 

Message 17 of 33
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey y'all. I apped for the cash rewards card on 2/20/20 and was approved with a $500 limit. With the pandemic, I was given an auto cli that brought my limit to $1k. I have had my 91/3 marked on my calendar since I learned what it meant. I'm actually at about 92 or 93 days. When I opened the app 5/23, it said that my statement end date is 5/24, so I figured they were in the process of cutting the statement. Me, being my impatient self, I requested an increase on my cash rewards and got the 24 hours message. I haven't gotten a hp notification so I guess I'll wait it out and see what happens.

Now, on to the approval. At midnight 5/24 I saw that my statement finally cut so I decided to try my luck and just app for the Go rewards card and see what happens. I got approved for a $4,100 limit! My highest limit so far. Y'all, I am so happy. I have been on a major rebuild journey. My scores were in the 500's and low 600's in dec 2019. In just the past 5 months I've raised them a good amount. I was hoping for a super crazy high limit but I know that this card will grow. 9A24650E-28D6-4C58-9C2C-2045CD7DF82E.png

Thats fantasticSmiley Happy. My heart always goes out for those of us who have  to really work to climb the Navy cl/cli ladder but it will happenSmiley Happy. It might take us longer to achieve a 20k plus limit but when it happens its the most amazing  feelingSmiley Happy

Message 18 of 33
CreditobsessedinFL
Established Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey y'all. I apped for the cash rewards card on 2/20/20 and was approved with a $500 limit. With the pandemic, I was given an auto cli that brought my limit to $1k. I have had my 91/3 marked on my calendar since I learned what it meant. I'm actually at about 92 or 93 days. When I opened the app 5/23, it said that my statement end date is 5/24, so I figured they were in the process of cutting the statement. Me, being my impatient self, I requested an increase on my cash rewards and got the 24 hours message. I haven't gotten a hp notification so I guess I'll wait it out and see what happens.

Now, on to the approval. At midnight 5/24 I saw that my statement finally cut so I decided to try my luck and just app for the Go rewards card and see what happens. I got approved for a $4,100 limit! My highest limit so far. Y'all, I am so happy. I have been on a major rebuild journey. My scores were in the 500's and low 600's in dec 2019. In just the past 5 months I've raised them a good amount. I was hoping for a super crazy high limit but I know that this card will grow. 9A24650E-28D6-4C58-9C2C-2045CD7DF82E.png

Thats fantasticSmiley Happy. My heart always goes out for those of us who have  to really work to climb the Navy cl/cli ladder but it will happenSmiley Happy. It might take us longer to achieve a 20k plus limit but when it happens its the most amazing  feelingSmiley Happy

Amen @AverageJoesCredit , Congratulations 🎉🎈 🍾, @Anonymous  and as I always say, you Gotta LOVE NAVY!!! Hang in there, swipe, pay, repeat and the CLIs will come!  

Message 19 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for your kind words!

Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.