Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU AND HILTON AMEX SURPASS

Highlighted
Valued Member

Re: NFCU AND HILTON AMEX SURPASS

@Heatt99 wrote:

Congratulations. Just 4 more points on your score, and I'm sure Amex would have provided a larger limit.

Amex will grow with spend and large payments. They gauge your power in that sense somewhat, so don't cheat your card.

NFCU is the best. I think you have another 91/3 available ie 3rd card slot.

Thank you for the advice. Only if I knew about the 4 points I would have wait it a little more oh well I'll stay in Garden Paradise for a while.Smiley LOL

Message 11 of 13
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the new cards! I'm slow creeping back up to where I can comfortably apply for the HH card in August to use as my new main card. I tried to go for it last year in August but got denied mainly due to high balances. Luckily, I'll have possibly four of my cards down to less than 2% this month after seeing a huge increase in my score last week due to those util balances dropping down from 92% to 24%. One or two more reporting of balances and I'll try my luck at it in a month. 

FICO 8 Scores 12/2017: EX-596; TU-604; EQ-591
Current: EX-648; TU-665; EQ-678
AAoA: 4.4 yrs
Message 12 of 13
Highlighted
Valued Member

@marcforza1 wrote:

Congrats on the new cards! I'm slow creeping back up to where I can comfortably apply for the HH card in August to use as my new main card. I tried to go for it last year in August but got denied mainly due to high balances. Luckily, I'll have possibly four of my cards down to less than 2% this month after seeing a huge increase in my score last week due to those util balances dropping down from 92% to 24%. One or two more reporting of balances and I'll try my luck at it in a month. 

Patience is the key. See I got way too excited on my first approval and went for the Amex. If I would have waited for another month for my score to go up just a little more, my SL with Amex could have been higher. TIME is key

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.