cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU APPROVAL CASH REWARDS MASTERCARD !!!! :o)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU APPROVAL CASH REWARDS MASTERCARD !!!! :o)

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all yayyy, Me and Navy are back @ it again today 4/30/19...!!!

Not sure how to put up my approval text/Pic... No Big Deal, But Navy Fed Is the coolest Credit Union Ever... I transfered my IRA to them recently with that special they had going on @ 3.44% which is super cool in itself... !!! But Today I pulled trigger and on-line applied for the cash reward card, and "BANG" approved $25,000...!!! Yayy me !!! My personal best SL next to my CSP $18,700...!!! @ Overmedicated Some additional DP's here to note... It was like 5 months since I apped and was approved on the Navy Platinum card for (1st NFCU card) for a wimpy SL of $6k @ 7.99% (now rate is 8.24%) But I didn't use the 91/3 theory... But true that 1st card with Navy is generally kinda ehhh icky low SL...!!! But 2nd card is Shhhhweeeet SL...!!! Yes my credit is VG... I pay my bills on time NO collections, BK, lates, everything always All GooD...!! But like we have all seen Navy even approving similar SL with lates, BK, collections, and every other CraZy things, but I keep a super nice file, and I'm Veee HappY...!!! Go Navy...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smiley Surprised)  4 TU inq... 1 falls off in June 19... !!! Any questions, I'll try to answer...!!! Again tho Yayy me n NFCU..!!!

Ken,

I certainly remember our dilemma.  I don't know if you saw my recent post in the NFCU thread but I waited 6 months to do anything.  My original SL on the Platinum was $4200 and I applied for a CLI last week.  I asked for 25k but got a 3x CLI instead to 12,600.  After approval, they sent me a personal invite to apply for the Cash Rewards but quite honestly I'm not interested.  Do I think I could blow the doors off with a big approval on a 2nd card?  Yes.  The biggest issue with me not applying for another card is that it would be redundant for me to do so.    

I will play the CLI game from here on out but I'm retired when it comes to credit cards.  I have enough cards and enough available credit that I don't need any buffer limits.  So unfortunately we will never know what NFCU would have gave me for card #2.  I wish I would have found them 20 years ago when I was just starting out because that would have been a game changer.

Congrats on the new card!  If you go for a Platinum increase, I would love to know the results.  Go spend some money for the SUB Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 12
Pro-X
Frequent Contributor

Re: NFCU APPROVAL CASH REWARDS MASTERCARD !!!! :o)

Congrats on your approval!!

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.