Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU.....APPROVED

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU.....APPROVED

Ok, joined today at 12:30.....approved for 15k CLOC. All in branch. Applied for GoRewards Visa as well. 2900.00 All good news, but CC SL seems low. Is there a CLI number to call for CLI on visa?

Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: NFCU.....APPROVED

You want to wait until you reach 90+ days plus 3 statements cut bf you app for a CLI for best chances of approval by Sp otherwise you would likely get a HP with a denial for account too new, when the time comes you can call the Cs number or go into your online account and hit the CLI button . Congrats on the new approval Meatman, also what method did you use to join?
Message 2 of 43
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

CongratsSmiley Happy. Low, is relative, try geting $500 lol, i can barely put a monthly charge on that Smiley Wink You can always send a SM, explain why you want more and see how it goes. Id suggest just using it a couple a months and when you go for your first cli after 3 statement cuts plus 91 or 92 days, near a AR, youll probably get a sweet kickerSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aduke1122 wrote:
You want to wait until you reach 90+ days plus 3 statements cut bf you app for a CLI for best chances of approval by Sp otherwise you would likely get a HP with a denial for account too new, when the time comes you can call the Cs number or go into your online account and hit the CLI button . Congrats on the new approval Meatman, also what method did you use to join?

My brother was in the Army, so I used his DD 214....Easy and quick application process. Docs for CLOC are being mailed, all signed in branch. Was there an hour. Set up online and mobil app. Really pleasant experience.

Message 4 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pulled TU X2....

Message 5 of 43
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Check your Equifax for pulls also. It's unlikely (but possible) to only have 2 HPs for membership, a CLOC, and a card.
Message 6 of 43
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Yes I would keep an eye on your other reports , they do get Hp happy , thanks for the data pts , that is the method I used to join also as my brother was in the navy for 10 years but he was already a member when I joined too. I only asked bc I seen someone post somewhere that they have shut down the backdoor route via Navy League San Diego as a way in? Has anybody else heard this ?
Message 7 of 43
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

@Aduke1122 Yes, the NLSD is no longer a way to get into NFCU. As of yesterday I believe. Baller4life posted a screenshot of that on one of the last pages of the 'NLSD is alive and well' post.
Message 8 of 43
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Ahh ok I will see if I can find the thread , I knew it would come to an end sometime
Message 9 of 43
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

I think its in either personal finance or general credit topics
Message 10 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.