Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU APR reduction and CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU APR reduction and CLI

After how long can you request APR redux? 12 months.
Message 11 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yeah supposed to have at least 12 months before you can request redux. My Plat turns 1 in Feb. Hope they give me the worse aprSmiley Wink. This way hoping for worse i cant be disappointed hahaSmiley Wink
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks lmao
Message 13 of 16
mattmyFIC0
Established Contributor

Thank you guys for all of your replies. 

I just wanted to add an interesting DP to this thread...

I was fully expecting a HP for my CLI request because it was for more than 25K. My EX and TU were open but I've had EQ frozen since the breach happened. They HP my EX (no problem this was expected) BUT they also HP my EQ, which is frozen. This is the first time I've had my report pulled while it was frozen. I have read it's possible for current creditors to do so but it still surprised me.

This makes me wonder why they will request for some people to unfreeze their reports so they can pull it for a CLI when in fact they can pull it regardless. 

I'm not upset at all. It's just very interesting!

Scores 01/04/2017: EQ 719, TU 750, EX 716
Goal scores: 740 across the board
Message 14 of 16
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@mattmyFIC0 wrote:

Thank you guys for all of your replies. 

I just wanted to add an interesting DP to this thread...

I was fully expecting a HP for my CLI request because it was for more than 25K. My EX and TU were open but I've had EQ frozen since the breach happened. They HP my EX (no problem this was expected) BUT they also HP my EQ, which is frozen. This is the first time I've had my report pulled while it was frozen. I have read it's possible for current creditors to do so but it still surprised me.

This makes me wonder why they will request for some people to unfreeze their reports so they can pull it for a CLI when in fact they can pull it regardless. 

I'm not upset at all. It's just very interesting!

Congratulations!! And that is a very interesting data point - might be worth mentioning in the NFCU thread if you haven't already. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mattmyFIC0 wrote:

I have had my cashRewards card for a little over two years and my GO Rewards card for a little over one year. I asked for an APR reduction and both were lowered to the lowest rate they offer.

I figured I was in good shape to try for a CLI on my cashRewards card so I asked for a 10K CLI. It was a HP on EX as expected since it's my only report not currently frozen. Got the 24hr message and checked this morning to see that they raised my limit from 25K -> 32K. No complaints here and also no POI required. This was my first CLI on my cashRewards since it started at 25K Smiley Happy

My GO Rewards has grown from a SL of 5K -> 22K -> 25K via SP CLI over the year or so of having it.

Congrats and have a great 2018!!

Smiley Very Happy

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.