Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Amex Approval $23,900!!!

tag
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

NFCU Amex Approval $23,900!!!

Hi All,

Last summer I applied for my 2nd navy card (the More Rewards Amex) and was approved for $600 @ 16.9% (lots of new accts/inq). At that time I was on a solid approval streak (everything was coming back $15k or more) and this one threw me for a loop. Right before I had submitted the amex app I submitted a CLI on the goRewards (moving from $25k to $33k) and I think that absorbed whatever credit I had available.

Annoyed (and I reluctantly admit I was being snobby about it too lol), I called after a month and closed the Amex. It was going to be too much maintenance chasing payments and dates with the limit, no worries though, I'd try again later when my profile was a bit thicker. 

Having seen Gmood's and UncleB's approval on their additional Navy cards I figured there's no time like the present to give it that 2nd whirl. I dropped in a new More Rewards Amex approval online today around 12p EST, got the text saying "we got it" right after. By 6p EST I got my 2nd "You're Approved!" text so I rang them up to get the details.

This result has me grinning ear-to-ear and I know there isn't any SUB on it, it's more of a redemption approval for me Smiley Happy

Navy Federal More Rewards Amex

Starting Line: $23,900

APR: 12.49% (woo-hoo!!!)

SUB: None

Intro APR: None

Great SL and solid APR. Lowest available on this card is 11.15% so bagging 12.49% is pretty solid for me. I'm wondering if I had applied for the Platinum MC if I would have returned a single digit APR?? Oh well, that's for 2019 Smiley Wink Thanks All!

Screen Shot 2018-07-08 at 7.44.40 PM.png

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: NFCU Amex Approval $23,900!!!

WowserSmiley Happy

Congrats very nice SL

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 24
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

WowserSmiley Happy

Congrats very nice SL

Thanks Jnbmom! I'm pretty pleased with it. Navy has some good stuff 

Message 3 of 24
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Congrats my friend on the stellar approval! 😀
Navy got a little taste of the crackman and couldn't say no.😂
Message 4 of 24
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@Gmood, Thanks bud!

I only pulled the trigger on 3 apps and they were kind of all over the place...(10k, 2.5k and 23.9k). The haunting of my inquiries had begun lol to the garden I go.
Message 5 of 24
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@credit_is_crack wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

WowserSmiley Happy

Congrats very nice SL

Thanks Jnbmom! I'm pretty pleased with it. Navy has some good stuff 

Yes I was pleased with my CLI and second card. Its been a good week for many with navy

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 6 of 24
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I've got at least one more to go before the new CC reports. I may try my luck with Wells Fargo's new CC being released on the 16th of this month.
Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Awesome SL and apr!

Message 8 of 24
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Thanks WhatTicka!

@Gmood, I didn’t know they had something in the oven. I’ll be sure to check for your approval post!
Message 9 of 24
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@credit_is_crack wrote:
Thanks WhatTicka!

@Gmood, I didn’t know they had something in the oven. I’ll be sure to check for your approval post!

assuming new propel revamped

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.