Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Approval BUT for $1k :(

tag
Diamondsforme08
Established Member

NFCU Approval BUT for $1k :(

I finally bit the bullet and applied for the Cash Rewards card and got approved for $1k. I seen so many posts of them being generous so I was hoping that I would be included in that bunch...but nope...not today. 

Has anyone ever negotiated with them right after? Did you call? Did you get your way? Did they increase your limit? Any infromation would be s much appreicated. 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Approval BUT for $1k :(

The was another poster that did and was successful. I was approved as well last night with same CL. I pulled the same recon just like he did hoping for similar results. We had similar profiles.
Message 2 of 16
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the approval!!! And many others have reconned the approval limit via secure message on the Navy Federal website. Let's us know the results if you decide to recon. Also, if no recon, it is possible for the card to grow through CLI! Mine jumped $9,000 on my first CLI. 

Message 4 of 16
Diamondsforme08
Established Member

So I thought what I would give it a try. Called up NFCU and when I explained that I wanted to increase the credit line, she immediately stated that she cannot do anything for at least 91 days at which that point I could call them back up and they could see what they can do to increase it...where did I go wrong. Anyone have helpful hints to do this?

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

We did this via the secured message portal on NFCU’s site. They can if they want too.
Message 6 of 16
Noximus03
New Contributor

@Diamondsforme08 wrote:

I finally bit the bullet and applied for the Cash Rewards card and got approved for $1k. I seen so many posts of them being generous so I was hoping that I would be included in that bunch...but nope...not today. 

Has anyone ever negotiated with them right after? Did you call? Did you get your way? Did they increase your limit? Any infromation would be s much appreicated. 

It's not that long of a read, honestly, but they're talking about me. Heres the link to what happened to me, and my application from last Thursday. PM me if you want what I had wrote to them as a recon message. I was under the impression the message never sent only to find out that either I'm an idiot and sent it, or it autosvaed and was sent by system order like the rep is guessing. Either way, if I can help, I will. 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/NFCU-Visa-approval-but-low-CL-reconsiderat...

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please share with me. I’d like to compare it versus what I sent. Lol. I will update everyone on how I fair. I’m not expecting much either way. I’m honestly just thankful for the approval. Period. :-)
Message 8 of 16
Noximus03
New Contributor

Donions!
Message 9 of 16
Diamondsforme08
Established Member

Forgive me for not knowing or seeing this secure message that I am hearing about. I can't find it and tried logging in and just going on to the website. Does anyone know where it is? Is it during certain hours?
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.