Not applicable

Re: NFCU Approval Cash Rewards

Congrats to you!

Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update and couple questions:

I asked for a recon on my starting limit the day after I originally made this post and was bumped up to 20K starting limit.  I assume that this resets me to 6 months for next CLI based on reading other posts but wanted to confirm.

Second question is when should I apply for 2nd card?  I paid off my last CO but still waiting on reports to update.  Does the 91/3 still apply for the second card or would this move to 6 months as well?

Message 12 of 22
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I asked for a recon on my starting limit the day after I originally made this post and was bumped up to 20K starting limit.  I assume that this resets me to 6 months for next CLI based on reading other posts but wanted to confirm.

Second question is when should I apply for 2nd card?  I paid off my last CO but still waiting on reports to update.  Does the 91/3 still apply for the second card or would this move to 6 months as well?

Let me get this right...you applied and stated a new membership and were offered SL of $1000...then you sent a reply via secure message to recon your starting limit and they can back and went from $1000 to $20,000 just like that??  I cannot say I have heard this before and wouldn't be able to answer your question...congrats

Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes that is exactly what happened.  Sent secure message the day after and then 10 days later I received a reply back stating they had conducted a second review and approved me for 20K starting limit.  I provided POI in my secure message and stated my next DD date would be going to my NFCU checking.  I don't know if it was coincidence but the day they replied and bumped it up was the same day that my direct deposit hit my NFCU checking.  I am not able to post pictures yet but I have the screenshot of the 1000 credit limit and 20000 available credit from the day it was approved.

Message 14 of 22
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes that is exactly what happened.  Sent secure message the day after and then 10 days later I received a reply back stating they had conducted a second review and approved me for 20K starting limit.  I provided POI in my secure message and stated my next DD date would be going to my NFCU checking.  I don't know if it was coincidence but the day they replied and bumped it up was the same day that my direct deposit hit my NFCU checking.  I am not able to post pictures yet but I have the screenshot of the 1000 credit limit and 20000 available credit from the day it was approved.

Congrats @Anonymous 

Message 15 of 22
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous, Congratulations on your recon bump!

1) Yes resets 6 months

2) You are golden to apply @ 91/3 (for 2nd card)

Message 16 of 22
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@cashorcharge wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Let me get this right...you applied and stated a new membership and were offered SL of $1000...then you sent a reply via secure message to recon your starting limit and they can back and went from $1000 to $20,000 just like that??  I cannot say I have heard this before and wouldn't be able to answer your question...congrats

@cashorcharge, Early Christmas miracle on Navy StreetSmiley Happy

Message 17 of 22
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@cashorcharge wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@cashorcharge, Early Christmas miracle on Navy StreetSmiley Happy

Apparently!

Message 18 of 22
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations on your reconsideration SL!

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

After reading this post, I applied for the Amex that NCFU offers and got approved for $7300.

This is my biggest limit by far.  Thanks!!!

I think they pull TU

My current TU- 702

My current EQ- 649

My Current EX- 666

(FICO8)

I have Cap1 Platinum $600, Cap1 Venture $4300, Indigo $500, Apple Card $1250, Merrick $500, Credit1 $1000

Utilization is , 5%

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.