Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Approval + Recon Limit Increase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU Approval + Recon Limit Increase

Normally wouldn't post or share after an approval, but I've gotten so much value from this forum hopefully my DPs can help other members as well. I signed up for NFCU on 4/15 and wasn't sure if I should wait to apply for a credit card right away, or let the account age a bit. I also floated the idea of starting to deposit funds every week, but ultimately decided to just apply for a card.

On Friday 4/30 I decided to pull the trigger on the NFCU Cash Rewards card, unsure of whether I should expect a $1000 limit that I've seen some newer members get, or the $20k limit others have received. After submitting the application, I was instantly approved for a $5000 SL. 

Somewhat satisfied but feeling like I left some on the table, I sent a secure message outlining the stronger areas of my profile and requesting reconsideration for a higher limit. This morning, I received the following message from NFCU:

Thank you for your message. Every member of Navy Federal is important to us and we value your membership. We conducted a second review of your application for reconsideration.

Upon further review, we have reversed our decision. The new credit line on cashRewards Visa account is $23,100. If we can be of any further assistance, please let us know.

This is the first time I've used the reconsideration line for any bank application, and I wouldn't have known to even do this if not for this forum. Big thank you to the MF fam that drops knowledge every single day and allows for things like a $5k -> $23,100 limit increase to happen without a hard pull!

DP: NFCU pulled my Transunion report with a 748 Fico 8 score -- 10 inquiries (2 in the last 12 months) -- 1% Util -- (1) 30 day late that's 2+ years old, additional 30 day lates on a few older + closed accounts. Newest account is a Discover card opened 12 months ago.

Not sure if I missed anything, but feel free to ask away! 
Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: NFCU Approval + Recon Limit Increase

Congratulations on your approval and reconsideration starting limit!
Message 2 of 34
krisssmmm
Regular Contributor

That is amazing! I opened my account 4/7 and have been dyinggggg to app. This gives me recon hope if sl is pitiful. 

Message 3 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats @Anonymous - that's a fantastic recon result!

Message 4 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! That's a crazy big recon success!

Message 5 of 34
newfossil
Valued Contributor

That is awesome! Congratulations!

Starting score - May 2018

April 2021

AAoA - 1 year 6 months
Message 6 of 34
kittycreditmeow
Frequent Contributor

Nice work! Congratulations on the approval! 🙂

Message 7 of 34
tbque
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the Navy approval and successful CL recon!

Message 8 of 34
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Wowwwwww! That's an amazing turn around. Thanks for sharing and congratulations! What were the strong points you mentioned to them?

Message 9 of 34
rostrow416
Established Contributor

Holy cow, you killed it on recon.  Congrats!

AMEX Gold | Purdue FCU $20,000 | FNBO Evergreen $15,000 | TFCU Plat Visa $15,000 | PenFed Platinum Rewards $15,000 | PenFed Pathfinder $15,000 | Citizen's Bank Cash Back+ $15,000 | Synchrony Premier MC $10,000 | SG Visa $10,000 | NFCU MoreRewards $7,000 | NFCU cashRewards $17,000 | Discover IT $6,000 | Capital One BuyPower $950 | AMEX BCP $5,000 | AMEX Amazon Prime Business $3,000

B&H Payboo Card $15,000 | Amazon Prime Card $10,000 | PC Richard Card $15,000 | Target RedCard $2,000 | Walmart Store Card $1,400 | Shell Gas Card $1,200 | Overstock Store Card $7,000 | Kohl's Store Card $3,000

Spring Cleaning:
C̶a̶p̶i̶t̶a̶l̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶Q̶u̶i̶c̶k̶S̶i̶l̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ | C̶r̶e̶d̶i̶t̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶V̶i̶s̶a̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶2̶0̶0̶ | M̶e̶r̶r̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶B̶a̶n̶k̶ ̶$̶2̶,̶7̶0̶0̶ | M̶a̶r̶v̶e̶l̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶c̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶̶2̶0̶0̶ | C̶o̶m̶e̶n̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶C̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶1̶8̶0̶
Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.