Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Approval, whoda thought!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU Approval, whoda thought!

So I after reading all the stuff here about how great NFCU was I finally asked my roommate for an access code to sign up. Joined last night and applied for the cash rewards visa right away.

Approved for $700 SL.

My foot is now in the door.
As for DP:
All scores hovering around 600.
They pulled TU which I believe was at 602.

9 INQs
2 collections
A redeemed repo from 2016 on a paid off car loan (that got me a WF denial and I've banked with them since 2007)
7 new cards since October 2017. (Last one was a cap one plat approval for $1000 a few days prior)
18% util.

Plan to use it a few times and pay in full and request CLI on 91 day, maybe second card depending how the next few months go for my TU score (both collections have been agreed to PFD and already paid so they should be gone in 30ish days.)

Hopefully by the end of the year I can close all my sub-prime cards that I am just holding on to for limits purposes. (About 7k total limit right now).

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Approval, whoda thought!

Congratulations and welcome to the NFCU family!

Message 2 of 17
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats !

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the new relationship! Love me some Navy!!

Message 4 of 17
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congrats! The best part is that your limit could be 10k within a year lol

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval !!!!

Message 6 of 17
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS on your Approval and Thanks for the DPs!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all. I am hoping this grows quickly. If it pans out my plans for the next 2 years should go really well Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Very nice startSmiley Happy
Message 9 of 17
Heatt99
Frequent Contributor

IMHO, you should go for card # 2 at 91/3, and ask for a CLI on card # 1 at six months. People tend to see better limits with this method.

I got approved for 1k on 1st card, applied for second at 91/3 approved for 25k with a 648 tu. 1 collection @ $355, 2 CO, and late payments 3 years old.
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.