Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Approval, whoda thought!

tag
3se7ens
Frequent Contributor

Re: NFCU Approval, whoda thought!

Congrats!! Welcome to NFCU!! You're going to like it here I Guarantee it. Smiley Wink

As of 3/2022

EQ.-721  |  TU.-731  |  EX.-708

Top Cards:

AmEx Gold - $10,000 POT. BofA Americard $17,000 NFCU CR. $16,000 NFCU Plat.$15,000 FNBO Visa $14,800

Disco Miles $14,000 Chase FU $13,900 USAA Signature $13,000  PayPal MC $10,000 

Macy's AmEx $25,000 Macy's AmEx (upgraded) $25,000

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval. In time that card will grow. I started with a Navy card at $750 received a CLI to $5100 and 2 additional cards for $27000 exposure and $7500 CLOC within a year. 

Message 12 of 17
Merlin3482
Contributor

Congratulations! NFCU has alot of nice options!

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the approval. In time that card will grow. I started with a Navy card at $750 received a CLI to $5100 and 2 additional cards for $27000 exposure and $7500 CLOC within a year. 

I can only dream for this. I'll be happy if I can get half that within a year. My highest open card is at a CL of $1100 (hence why I have 8 cards now, for utilization purposes). My income supports what I spend on cards (~1-2k a month which is PIF usually but sometimes I carry a balance for 1 month if something comes up) so if I can have a good set of 2-3 with high limits I will be happy since my typical spend wont affect my utilization as much (or if I miss the report date for the month). 

My next target is one of the reward cards for Gas/Restaurants since I eat out often and my commute is pretty long.

Then I can get rid of the sub-primes:

2 Credit Ones

2 First Premiers

1 Avant

2 Capital Ones (will probably keep for now)

And now my NFCU CashRewards (Which will grow Smiley Happy)

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got my letter in the mail today with my internal NFCU score. It was 282 just to add another DP.

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the added data! And congrats!

I know NFCU has good rep, but this builds hope/confidence for those of us who haven't yet applied. Smiley Very Happy

Message 16 of 17
Pro-X
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!!

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.