Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Approval

tag
azfitz11
New Contributor

Re: NFCU Approval

Thanks oh snaps and workingfor 850. I did apply for max. I just got the email asking for more info. Hope that is a good sign, since it wasn't an automatic denial. I emailed the required info
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@azfitz11 wrote:
Thanks oh snaps and workingfor 850. I did apply for max. I just got the email asking for more info. Hope that is a good sign, since it wasn't an automatic denial. I emailed the required info

It's a good sign.  I think they asked for a pay stub for me and we had an IRS lien at the time so they asked for evidence that we had a payment plan and we were done.  In fact my wife has her own account that is also joint with me so we actually have two CLOC's.  It's not a bad thing if you have a spouse to set them up with a membership and work the system for both of you.  

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also Credit Addict set up the threads of all threads on NFCU CLI's over in the credit application section.  Many of us follow CA's advice to a T because he/she is an expert on all things NFCU and how to get the best out of your membership on CC and CLOC.  Check it out and follow it.  After 3 statements and prefferably after an AR (soft pull they do every other month) you can apply for an CLI and it will likely go to over 20k.  If you get a solid CLI like that you want to apply for a second card and work that one also.  

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It is to my understanding you request max and they will counter with the best offer. It will be another HP. The only time I have read about a combined HP is if its CLOC/Auto but even then rule of thumb with NFCU is expect a HP for anything including CLI. I'm sure someone with more knowledge and experience will follow up with more info! 

*edit - Congrats on your approval!

Quite a few people on the board have reported only having their CLOC approved when they put in a specific (low) number, and they did not receive a counter on the CLOC when putting in a number that was too high, or when selecting the max button, they were denied. You really want to be careful of that.

It certainly depends on the strength of your profile overall.

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on a very nice approval, OP! Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@azfitz11 wrote:

What a GREAT DAY!!! Wake up to find my Experian score had jump from 664 to 690! That puts my scores at 699. 710, & 690. So I decide to apply for the NFCU Go Rewards card, approved for $4200. Feels so good! 

What is NFCU's policy on CLI's, 6 months? a year? 90 days?

Also, sorry if this is a stupid question, but what does CLOC stand for?

No "stupid" questions here. Smiley Happy Congratulations to you!

Message 16 of 17
azfitz11
New Contributor

Called NFCU yesterday to find out status of CLOC request, thanks to all of you I requested the max, which I would not have had the nerve to do, without the advice of this site, and I was approved  for the whole $15,000!!! 

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.