Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Approval

tag
readytoclimb
Established Member

NFCU Approval

Rebuilding my credit. Got approved for $700 with NFCU cash rewards card. Very low compared to other limits I’ve read on here, but I have to start somewhere. I’m just excited that I was approved. Was recently denied for Discover and Chase cards.

My Wallet:
NavyFed Cash Rewards - $1200 | OpenSky Secured - $250 | Credit One Platinum - $800 & Credit One- $450 | Chase Freedom Unlm AU - $1800 | Capital One Platinum AU - $1500 | Capital One Silver - $400

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Re: NFCU Approval

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Confrats! NFCU is good, use it responsibly for 6-12 months and they’ve got plenty of other good cards and you’ll be fine for discover. Chase will want to see 1 yr+ of responsible revolving, unsecured bank credit, they are also inquiry sensitive.
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to NFCU family. Congrats.

Message 4 of 15
austingal
Regular Contributor

Congrats! NFCU is awesome. Your card will grow. August will be two years that I started with them with a $500 secured card. It unsecured at one year and they have given me auto CLIs to where my limit is now $3000.

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval. Keep up the good work and it will definately grow......Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, rtc!

While you're at it did you consider asking for a CLOC? Your EQ score is much higher, it seems you'd be a good candidate. Just a thought.

Message 7 of 15
readytoclimb
Established Member

James - do I call them to ask for the cloc or is this something I could apply for online. Will this be a second hp or do they use the scores from the cc pull?
My Wallet:
NavyFed Cash Rewards - $1200 | OpenSky Secured - $250 | Credit One Platinum - $800 & Credit One- $450 | Chase Freedom Unlm AU - $1800 | Capital One Platinum AU - $1500 | Capital One Silver - $400

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've read they use TU for CC and EQ for PLOC, so it would be another HP. 

I'm waiting on a score bump next week then I plan to apply for both. Not all HP are equal. To me 2 NFCU HPs seem well spent.

Message 9 of 15
readytoclimb
Established Member

Ok thx for the info. I will update the board on whether or not it was successful.
My Wallet:

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.