Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Approval!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU Approval!!

I joined NFCU and applied for a Visa last week. To my surprise, I was approved for a $3750 CL. Hopefully I'll be able to get that raised in 91 days...

On a side note, I also opened a checking account with them and was thinking of applying for a CLOC. Does anyone know if applying for a CLOC is a good idea so soon after opening a credit card? Will it affect my chances of CL approval? 

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
erewnoh

Re: NFCU Approval!!

Back when I joined I applied for the CLOC at the same time, as well as a CC. Approved for both CC and CLOC, and increased my limit substantially on the CC later on.

Message 2 of 26
jdxprs1
Frequent Contributor

Can you give any data point?

What did they pull, fico scores, deposit amounts, etc?
Last app 1/2/2017.
In the garden until at least 6/2/2017.
Message 3 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure thing, jdxprs1. 

They pulled a TU report, which has a 645 Fico 8 score. TU has my highest Fico scores, but also has the most inquiries; NFCU took it to 10. I applied for the card at the same time I joined and opened a checking and savings; I only funded each with $25.

I did it late last week (Wednesday or Thursday), so I haven't gotten the actual card yet, but it is showing on my account. A few hours ago, I bit the bullet and decided to also apply for their CLOC. I got a response saying that they'll notify me, typically within an hour, of their decision. It's been almost five hours now, and no word from them. I assume they have people or computers (my instant credit card approval happened overnight) that work overnight, so I'm not sure what the holdup is; but it isn't making me too comfortable. Hopefully they approve it...

I'm still new to all this, so I'm not sure what info is helpful. Any other data you'd like to know?

Message 4 of 26
jdxprs1
Frequent Contributor

Income? Can just give a range if you like.

Thanks. I'm joining in a couple weeks after my house refi is done and I'm trying to get a feel for what I can expect.
Last app 1/2/2017.
Message 5 of 26
jdxprs1
Frequent Contributor

And good luck with the cloc. Let us know how that works out too!
Last app 1/2/2017.
Message 6 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

The whole process was super easy. Probably the easiest process I've gone through for checking/savings app and credit card. 

My income is about $75,000. I didn't put my wife on the account, but maybe I should've so I could add her income, too. If that's even how it works; we don't have any credit accounts together...

Still no word on the CLOC. Maybe they're trying not to hurt my feelings.

Message 7 of 26
jdxprs1
Frequent Contributor

I'm sure it will be good news.
Last app 1/2/2017.
Message 8 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the New Credit Card with NFCU!! For some reason they make you wait and sweat it out, Lol... They normally pull from Equifax for the CLOC. No news is good news!! Our fingers are crossed!!! Please keep us posted! We are cheering for you!Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Exquisite100wallet! Hopefully you're correct about no news!

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.