Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Approval!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU Approval!!!

Excited that I was able to join NFCU because my grandfather was in the military. I called in to join and had no issues getting my account setup. I then decided that I would apply online for some of their products and I shot for their Platinum CC first and was approved for $1700. Not bad at all and I know that it's at least a good starting limit and I know it will grow with me.

I figured that maybe I would try for one of the rewards cards and was denied. It told me that I didn't meet their criteria for that card and that I would get a letter in the mail stating the reasons why and if I wanted to appeal it would show me the process in the letter.

I'm curious if anyone has had that happen where you were approved for one of their cards and not the other? I know their Platinum is most likely their intro card and it's why I shot for that first to start with but just wondering about the Rewards card.

I then figured I would just for the heck of it see about getting a personal loan. I was denied on that as well. If anything, I'll build some credit and payment history with the card I was approved for and then go from there with them and their services.

So glad to be part of NFCU! I was denied by PenFed for any CC's, so they will have to wait...

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Approval!!!

Congrats! Play nice with it. Smiley Happy

What were your scores, uti etc.?

Message 2 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

It looks like they pulled my TU score which right now it's sitting at 636 but of course I don't know if they use another scoring system aside from FICO 8.

If they do, then I'll know that score in a few days when I get the denial letter on the other applications.

As for UTI, I am sitting at 14% right now. Which isn't bad at all but I do have a lot of inquiries right now. Probably like 15 or so across the board for each CRA.

Which is why I really need to stay in the garden now!
Message 3 of 35
jtw34240
Regular Contributor

Navy won't approve a second card until you have maintained the first card for 90 days. On 91 days apply for an increase on your first card remember 3 statements then wait for the next AR or account review. They are doing them on Experian now for account reviews from reading other posts on the board but if the AR that is done is relatively recent you can apply for the increase. As soon as you get your increase you can apply for a second card and that card will get the same limit as the first card with the increase. I speak from experience and that is what happened in my case. i started with the cash rewards card with a limit of 1,100 then at 91 days i hit the increase button and it raised me to 5,500 then i applied for second card approved for 5,500. Hope this helps.

Message 4 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, VelosterBEAR, on getting in with NavyFed, and the nice approval for their Platinum card! You're going to really enjoy this CU, and it won't be long before you have access to many of their outstanding products! Enjoy! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very interesting!

I will definitely have to try that out then and see how it goes for me. Thank you very much for the tip and info.
Message 6 of 35
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

VH 4 U VBSmiley Happy NFCU RCKzzzzzzSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 35
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

You are more than likely at max exposure with them until you show atleast 90+ days and 3 statements of usage on the first card congrats on the approval though
Message 8 of 35
sonicchris8
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the Navy approval

Starting scores: 538 EQ, 552 TU, 520 EX Current scores (11/18/20): 640 EQ 638 TU 654 EX
Message 9 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

First RBFCU and now NFCU! That is winning! 

Message 10 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.