Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Approvals

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Approvals

I wanted a rewards card but also an increased credit line to help with util. Would you advise also applying for a second card?
Message 21 of 50
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I wanted a rewards card but also an increased credit line to help with util. Would you advise also applying for a second card?

how long have you had first card?

limit?

balance?

do you have checking line of credit already? limit?

Message 22 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Current card: Platinum. Activated on 12/3/2015. Approval date 12/1.SL 3,500. Used about 57% of it. <--Using as my everyday card, which is the reason I plan to upgrade it to a rewards card.  

EXP: 623 TU: 650 EQU: 648

Message 23 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

No LOC yet. Heard they would more than likely require income verification and my current job is non-traditional so no stubs to give.

Also, I have student loan accounts (all paid on time bc deferred) that have been opened for 9 years, maybe I can use that to address havinga short credit history (under a year).

Message 24 of 50
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Just product change for now and start earning rewards but to soon for another card or cli with a 60+% utilization
Message 25 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for that. I realized I was mistaken. credit util is not 60+, it's actually  55% for NFCU card and 40% overall credit util of all lims. I also have a credit history of 1 year and 9 months. Does this change what you would advise? Is it still a bad idea to app for a second NFCU card OR ask for a CLI in addition to PC?

Message 26 of 50
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Yes, you are to new and using to much of your credit to ask for cli or another product if you don't want to prove income.
Are you pre-qual for any cap1 cards?
Might be worth adding something like nba Amex and Cabela's if you want to bring utilization down and get some additional credit
Message 27 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pc'd to Gorewards! Finally gonna get rewarded for use. Thanks for the recommendation.

Now I have the following:

Delta Gold Amex--$1k
Cap one QS one--$1k
NFCU gorewards--$3,500
Southwest RR Chase--$2,500
Macy's store card--$2k
Credit One-$300

Total CL: $10,300

I considered NBA Amex but it looks like they use exp and my score doesn't seem so great (623) plus I have 6 hq's on it vs 2 hq's on TU with a 650. Is there a way to request which CR they pull?

EXP: 623 TU: 650, EQU: 648
Message 28 of 50
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Close credit one asap!
No for nba
Message 29 of 50
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

But considering you got Amex, nba might be a go!
Message 30 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.