Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Approvals

tag
rdrarmy
Valued Member

NFCU Approvals

I was writing this post because I feel so blessed and fortunate that I wanted to share the string of good fortune I’ve had recently as of two and a half months now. I’ll start by saying that I recently closed on a home in October with a 285K VA mortgage loan through NFCU. I have to say that the process with them was amazingly smooth and we closed in time as originally requested. From signing of the contract offer to closing it was just 30 days. Then in late November I applied for the Discover It Card and I was approved with a SL of 3K. I immediately followed up with an app for the AMEX Blue Cash Card and was approved for 1K. I know that 1K isn’t much but at the very least I was approved. And then finally, just two days ago I app’d for the NFCU Platinum Credit Card and I couldn’t believe it when I got an instant approval for a SL of 20K. Yikes!!! I was so excited. That is my highest CL currently and my second card with Navy and I couldn’t imagine I’d get one that high. I have their Cash Rewards card with a CL of 6K and a CLOC for 10K. NFCU is amazing and very generous. I plan on gardening for a while now. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask. My current FICO scores are as follow: EQ-675, TRANS-708, EX-684.

FICO 8 Starting Score: (2 DEC 17)

FICO 8 Current Score: (27 JAN 21)

FICO 8 Goal Score:

Hover over my cards to see my limits and utilization!
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Approvals

Congrats on your approval and massive SL !!!

Navy strikes again

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your success! 👏🏾 Very nice SL. I have a need for that Platinum, so it will be my next app - in about 30 days. One of only a few I'll do in 2019.

Curious, was your $6K Cash Rewards the SL or is it up via CLI? Also, same question regarding your $10K CLOC. I went for the full CLOC and was approved. Wondering about CLI DPs for those that didn't go the full.

Happy New Year!
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your NFCU Platinum and monster SL! Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 11
rdrarmy
Valued Member

n_la, when I initially got the Cash Rewards Card it was with a SL of 5K. I have asked for several increases and I’ve only been successful with one and it was for 1K. So I figured that I’d try my luck and apply for a different card and boom. As for the CLOC, I started that one with 6K and when I requested the CLI I only asked for the additional 4K instead of asking for the max amount.

FICO 8 Goal Score:

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice progress👌🏾 Thanks for sharing!
Message 6 of 11
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 7 of 11
CerebralZulu
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on all the NFCU luv. Gotta love them.

Message 8 of 11
rdrarmy
Valued Member

Thanks for all the kudos from everyone here!

FICO 8 Goal Score:

Message 9 of 11
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

OP this is wonderful and a really exciting time. Congratulations on all your approvals and SLs.

Thanks for sharing your good fortunes.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.