Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Approvals

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU Approvals

I went into NFCU this morning to open a Checking & Savings and to try my luck at their credit products! BOOM APPROVED FOR BOTH PRODUCTS:

CLOC: $2000 This is the amount I asked for, I could not recall at the time if they counter offer so didn't want to shoot for the sky. Needless to say this is fine.

cashRewards: $1000 Kind of surprised at a LOWER limit on a credit card than a LOC?

I believe I left money on the table for the CLOC. How long before I should ask for CLI and are those requests hard pulls?

Data point: The guy at the bank said my EQ score was a 640.

Message 1 of 50
49 REPLIES 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Approvals

Good job and enjoy it...

Message 2 of 50
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I went into NFCU this morning to open a Checking & Savings and to try my luck at their credit products! BOOM APPROVED FOR BOTH PRODUCTS:

CLOC: $2000 This is the amount I asked for, I could not recall at the time if they counter offer so didn't want to shoot for the sky. Needless to say this is fine.

cashRewards: $1000 Kind of surprised at a LOWER limit on a credit card than a LOC?

I believe I left money on the table for the CLOC. How long before I should ask for CLI and are those requests hard pulls?

Data point: The guy at the bank said my EQ score was a 640.

if you signed docs in branch and the loc is active online already, you can go in online and act like you are applying for new cloc then the next screen will ask if you are applying for new or cli and click cli and ask for full $15k.

Message 3 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 4 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

I signed the docs however the CLOC and credit card arent in my online banking....shrug

Message 5 of 50
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I signed the docs however the CLOCK and credit card arent in my online banking....shrug

as soon as they show up, you can do it.

Message 6 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

How many credit card accounts will NFCU allow you to have?

Message 7 of 50
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

It's whatever you qualify to up to about $115,000 unsecured
Message 8 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:
It's whatever you qualify to up to about $115,000 unsecured

Creditaddict, I have a question about the products I just received. I am contemplating asking for $7000 for the LOC and $5000 for the credit card. My EQ is 640 I just don't know if NFCU would approve $15000 on the LOC. Additionally, the lower limit approved on the cashrewards leads me to believe I barely was approved for the products? What would you advise?

Message 9 of 50
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Credit card and loc are different credit Dept so don't let one weigh your thoughts on other... Also now that loc is approved they will for sure counter.
For credit card, can't hurt to recon limit
Message 10 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.