Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU - Approved 50K

tag
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: NFCU - Approved 50K

UBS who?  LOL!!!  Bigger and Better things for sure!! Welcome to NFCU and Congratulations on your approval!! 🎉🥂

Message 11 of 35
californiaboy935
Frequent Contributor

@cashorcharge wrote:

UBS who?  LOL!!!  Bigger and Better things for sure!! Welcome to NFCU and Congratulations on your approval!! 🎉🥂

BYE UBS BYE FELICIA!

BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50,800 | NFCU MCPlatinum $50,000 | NFCU Cash Rewards Visa $10,000 | American Express Platinum | American Express Blue Cash Preferred $6,000 | American Express Cash $2,000 | American Express Blue Business Plus $4,000 | Apple Card Mastercard $5,500 | Discover IT Student $1,000

FICO 8 scores 03/2022
EX-680
TU-732
EQ-749
Message 12 of 35
californiaboy935
Frequent Contributor

@californiaboy935 wrote:

Like most things in life... this is a happy accident.  I got a parking ticket for parking on my street - with my permit - and they still upheld the parking ticket when I contested it saying "placard not in full view" all this to say I really wanted to pay by card so as not to waste a points opportunity with the feeless merchant processing system they were using.

Flash forward to two days befor the due date, yesterday evening, and I get the bright idea to apply for the Navy Federal Master Card Platinum.  From my account where i've had the CashRewards Visa for about a year now.  So background of that card, nothing but small purchases never nearing my credit limit (1k) and always paid before statment posting. 

I applied online through the membership portal "Open and Account" in the uper right hand corner.  To my great surprise, APPROVED - 50,800.00 Cash Advance Available 17,400.00 at 17.99% APR. Pulled Equifax Credit Report: 763

Super awesome for not a huge relationship.  I see what all the seasoned credit card cultivators here say about NFCU. Such a privilage to have men and women who fight for our country to protect our freedoms and liberty.  Thank you all for your service. And of course your amazing credit union.

Hey All! To answer some of the private messages sent to me about what my stats are;

Credit Score: 763 Equifax

CashRewards Approval Date: April 16, 2020

Checkings 10k

Savings 271k

CLOC 1k

Reported Income and Income available to me 1.3

Direct Deposit size 108k

Recent enquiries 5-7

Hope this helps others, let me know if I can elaborate on anything. 

@Anonymous 

BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50,800 | NFCU MCPlatinum $50,000 | NFCU Cash Rewards Visa $10,000 | American Express Platinum | American Express Blue Cash Preferred $6,000 | American Express Cash $2,000 | American Express Blue Business Plus $4,000 | Apple Card Mastercard $5,500 | Discover IT Student $1,000

FICO 8 scores 03/2022
EX-680
TU-732
EQ-749
Message 13 of 35
MyFault
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval and monster NFCU SL!

|  
Message 14 of 35
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your new heavy lifting Platinum !!!
If cash advance limit is 17.4k, I wonder if your SL will actually adjust to 58k at activation? The cash limit is usually 30% of CL. 

BTW, you may want to give your Cash Rewards CLI link a tap in the next month or so....I'm sure the little girl would like to stretch her legs...Smiley Happy

[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
TCL $678.5K: Personal $562.5K, Business $116K.
Message 15 of 35
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@californiaboy935 

wow0.png

Potential Future Cards
Message 16 of 35
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

😃  

@Anonymous wrote:

That is quite frankly amazing seeing how the platinum is supposed to have a $50K limit cap lol. Congrats!

@californiaboy935   This is exactly why I have no Ideas as to what to think and I am seeing bright 🌟 stars 🌟 right now...

Simply amazing,, Congratulations on your Platinum approval! 👏 🎊 

I think you received the highest SL I have ever heard/read of... 👍  🤝

@ocheosa wrote:

"If cash advance limit is 17.4k, I wonder if your SL will actually adjust to 58k at activation? The cash limit is usually 30% of CL."

...I too started to have the same thoughts.  

👍 Great minds and all....

Message 17 of 35
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Not quite UBS, but a smoking approval!!! Congrats on that fantastic SL!! 🔥 🔥 

Smiley Very Happy

Message 18 of 35
californiaboy935
Frequent Contributor

@blindambition wrote:

Not quite UBS, but a smoking approval!!! Congrats on that fantastic SL!! 🔥 🔥 

Smiley Very Happy

I miss UBS, they sent a letter that was even more vague. 

FICO 8 scores 03/2022
EX-680
TU-732
EQ-749
Message 19 of 35
SPChaser
Established Contributor

Simply gobsmacked!!!! CONGRATS!!!! 

“Play the game, but don't believe in it“
Message 20 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.