Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Auto CLI 14K to $16.1K

tag
gibeon
Established Contributor

NFCU Auto CLI 14K to $16.1K

FYI, though some might be interested. 

A very weird amount, but NFCU just raised my cash rewards limit from $14,000 to $16,100 in the last week or two.

I just passed my 1 year anniversary with this card, it has about $6k on it right now (new house, new furniture). It started at $500CL (yes, five hundred dollars) a year ago. 

Scores in the 650's/660's (carrying balances, and previous baddies still lingering).

23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: NFCU Auto CLI 14K to $16.1K

Very nice effort in waiting it out with them to your favor.

Congratulations!

Message 2 of 8
pc01user
Frequent Contributor

Wasn't real sure that NFCU still gave auto CLI anymore.  I had always 

requested one myself now up to $22000 but with you sharing this info

I can let them extend the offer. Thanks so much!

Message 3 of 8
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Congrats OP,.this gives me much hope , I had to recon my approval and they gave me a SL of 500😕 I am grateful they gave me that though .
Can you tell me about how you used your card and what was your first CLI they gave you , after how long ?
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Auto CLI's are the best!  Congratulations!

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations, gib! Very nice to see that things are going well for you Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 8
gibeon
Established Contributor

ADuke,

It went pretty immediately to $1,000 (recon request), then $5,000 in a few weeks (I wrote to them about what I was doing  - travelling - and that I wanted to use it for the Rental Car and Hotels - all true.  After that, I think it went to $8,500 after a couple months, then $11,000 after a few more months, then $14,000 after a few more months, and now to $16,100. 

All CLI's but the last one were requested through their online system or by message.

Usage has been pretty good overall, I think the max I've done in a month is about $9,000 on the $14,000 limit. Used to PIF either same month, or within a month or two, but with the new house, I have a bit riding on it now - about $6,000, but should have that paid down by Christmas.

23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 7 of 8
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Thank you for sharing this with me , do you remember what your scores where when you were approved ?
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.