Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CC Product Approval

tag
titancylinder
Regular Contributor

NFCU CC Product Approval

Hi All,

Right before surgery (mediport removal--im in complete remission from Stage IV cancer) I got the approved for the NFCU More Rewards.

I figured I would let everyone know about my recent approval.

As others may know, I'm rebuilding from a chap 7 bankruptcy in 11/16 due to overwhelming medical debt.

I was approved 9.11.19 for the Amex More Rewards card. 5000@18% I'm grateful NFCU let me in without a Secured Product.

Some DPs
Util 33% (waiting on other debts to show 0 balances)
673 TU 09
NFCU membership only 3 months old.
Approximately 5k in deposits (don't use the account, it just sits there)
1 other inquiry from 2019.
No other nfcu products except some CDs.

Approval wasn't instant, but it was approved approximately 20 minutes after application. I suspect it had something to do with my mailing address differing from my billing address and not being reported on my credit report.

Anyways, I expect it to grow quickly. But I'm patient .
Coming Soon
10 REPLIES 10
Traveler101
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU CC Product Approval

congrats to you! make your next one the platinum card. ive seen enough sickness around this house. that way, in case of emergency, you will have a great credit line at very low interest in case you need to carry a bal. only a suggestion, but med bills and emergencies have no mercy!
Message 2 of 11
titancylinder
Regular Contributor

@Traveler101 wrote:
congrats to you! make your next one the platinum card. ive seen enough sickness around this house. that way, in case of emergency, you will have a great credit line at very low interest in case you need to carry a bal. only a suggestion, but med bills and emergencies have no mercy!

That was my plan. I just knew Navy values relationships, so I went with the number 2 card I wanted in hopes for a solid SL on the Platinum. Thanks Smiley Happy 

Coming Soon
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your NFCU Amex approval!

Message 4 of 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on you're approval, Great cardSmiley Happy

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on kicking cancers butt !
Message 6 of 11
gjean78
Regular Contributor

congratulations on your approval! you have an opportunity to grow that line.

Message 7 of 11
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your health and credit success!

Good luck on the 2nd card. Those are generally the ones with the 5 digit limits.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on beating the cancer!  You deserved that approval.  Enjoy it and watch it grow.  Smiley Tongue

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Major congrats on both victories!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.