Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CC

tag
Sandman771
Valued Contributor

NFCU CC

So I joined NFCU over the weekend and posted on another thread somewhere about my CC app. I got a cryptic text message that said I was approved. With my scores in the 520s do to life happening, I wasn't expecting much at all. Finally the system still shows pending, but that is because they haven't generated a CC number for me. I called in and the nice lady told me that I was approved for $2K and my APR was 14.5%. I am over the moon excited and would never have went and taken a chance except for you guys. Thanks!!!!

Starting Score: EQ497/TU496/EX 499
Currently: EQ 620 TU 654 EX 627
in the garden since 6/16/2021
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU CC

Congrats your approval!! That's a great limit considering your scores.

Take care of your new card and hopefully Navy can give you the needed help to grow your scores

Message 2 of 15
kugel
Valued Contributor

Don't think they care about the score like they care about the credit profile
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 4 of 15
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

That's awesome congrats
Message 5 of 15
Sandman771
Valued Contributor

So after this productive week, I have an Open Sky Secured $300 limit and NFCU $2K limit unsecured. I have read and been told everywhere across the board on here that three cards do the trick for boosting your score. Should I get another secured when i have the cash freed up? I was planning on getting NFCU secured when they approved my app on the unsecured. What say you? By secured i was thinking somewhere in the $500 range. The two secured being my zero balance cards and the larger one at 8-9% utilization. 

Starting Score: EQ497/TU496/EX 499
Currently: EQ 620 TU 654 EX 627
in the garden since 6/16/2021
Message 6 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Huge accomplishment. Great job getting an unsecured Navy cardSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! You are right,at least 3 reporting with no balance on 2 and less than 10% on the other for score maximization. However if were me, I would wait until the NFCU showed up on my reports before I'd think about another cards. Give it a month or two and see if your scores increase. Reassess at that point.

Message 8 of 15
Jimp2323
Regular Contributor

Congrats OP on your approval.   Looks like we're both in about the same boat.

I was approved last week for Cash Rewards card with 1700 SL. This is 4X my next highest unsecured card.  (Cap1 at 400 after 100 cli last month) I also have a secured Discover at 500. 

My FICO is only 563 (as of April 27--reported by Discover) so I'm ecstatic about Navy Fed.  They're willing to give me another chance after I totally melted down credit wise back in 2013.  I'm in the process of cleaning it up, but it's going to be a long journey.

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!! Pretty nice APR!!

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.