Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CLI - I am amazed.

tag
pakprotector
New Contributor

NFCU CLI - I am amazed.

Much craziness... I was bumming because my secured nRewards card has been secured for almost 10 years. So I joined  DCU today and applied for a card. I figured that if DCU showed me love, I was going to kill off my secured NFCU card and go towards the love. Im in a quandary because today I checked and my card was unsecured. So now I have savings and one of my oldest cards is now unsecured. I then applied for a CLI just to see what would happen (i have an app pending with DCU). I got an 18000 limit! I went from a secured 1500 card (kept around because I wanted the relationship and oldest card) and now its by far my largest card. Im floored. I dont think DCU has a chance. 

BLH

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU CLI - I am amazed.

Grats! Yeah probably if that was your only card they might do 3000-5000 since your other one isnt reporting
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

1st off Congrats

2nd ..What's the problem?

Why wouldn't DCU have a 'chance' ...just b/c Navy sits in your wallet as well.

Neither has a AF and BOTH havce their merits.....

As I always say...it's NOT a bad thing to have 2 or 3 lender-girlfriends in your life

nobody gets a 'rest-of our-lives' down a one knee commitment, so no harm, no foul IMO

DCU actually beats Navy on certain loans etc and whereas Navy will always get a 1st thought for my business,

she can't be the ONLY girl, sweet on me Smiley Wink

Btw I love NFCU (car, cashRewards, CLOC) but I see other ppl.....

Message 3 of 9
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

That's good for NFCU!! In the next 6mo with proper care, I'm sure it'll be at 25k if not higher
Message 4 of 9
pakprotector
New Contributor

Good point - I applied at DCU for membership because I didnt think that NFCU was going to do anything for me. But I should stay in both because ultiimately I want to get a good car loan. I havent made payments in over two years so getting back under the yoke is making me rethink, but I want an F Pace Jaguar SUV and I dont have quite enough to cover with it with a paid for Lexus trade in. We shall see...

BLH

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice, congrats on the approval !!

Message 6 of 9
blunderer
Established Contributor

Congrats on the CLI from NFCU.

I agree with Gemini101.

Message 7 of 9
pakprotector
New Contributor

very cool - thanks!

BLH

Message 8 of 9
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Very nice!!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.