Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CLI & New Apple card approved

tag
DH1988
New Contributor

NFCU CLI & New Apple card approved

Today in the name of work procrastination I decided to check in on my Apple card offer... I'm actually pretty underwhelemd by the card's perks but because it's so easy to check approval offers I do that just to see every once in a while. Today I was offered $10k at 11.24%...I think this is the lowest APR I've been offered yet so I decided to accept this offer. I don't usually carry a balance on my cards but my "just in case" anxiety always makes me want to collect (rewards) cards that have decent limits and >12% APRs. (That's how I ended up with a Discover It card too.)

I've been in the garden over a year so I forgot the exciting rush of a "oOo a new card" ...so why stop here? I decided to see if NFCU would give me a CLI on my favorite card. I have had the Flagship card since 2019 and I've never received an auto CLI. I asked for one a year after having the card and was told I was at my max exposure with Navy already. So, I assumed they'd never approve another cli on either of my cards and maybe if deny me if I ever wanted to open a 3rd one with them. Both the NFCU I have have good size limits and low APRs, so I was satisfied with that. But....on a whim decided to try my luck especially because it's a soft pull anyway...

I asked to be increased from $15.2K to $25K and immediately got a 24 hour decision notice. I started poking around on this blog and found out that's pretty normal for navy and doesn't necessarily mean a denial. I opened the app again and saw that my new limit is $22K. Yay!  It's so fun to see my cards/wallet grow & I'm so thankful for all the incredibly vaulable things I learn in here in this community. 

Cap One QS (5/2008) $7k | Nordstrom VS (7/2017) $15k | Amex BCP (9/2018) $9.8k | Chase Freedom Flex (12/2018) $8.7k | NFCU Amex (9/2019) $31k | NFCU Flagship (12/2019) $15.2k | Discover it (10/20) $7k | Chase Sapphire Preferred (7/2021) $8k |

EXP/TU - 727
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: NFCU CLI & New Apple card approved

That's terrific!!  Congratulations on your Apple and NFCU Approvals!! 🎉🥂👏

Message 2 of 15
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your Apple Card and the NFCU Card new increase!

Message 3 of 15
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your new Apple card and your NFCU move up Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 15
Elpadrino1
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your Apple approval and Navy CLI!!

Message 5 of 15
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Apple Card approval and Navy CLI!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 6 of 15
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your NFCU Flagship CLI & Apple Card approval

Message 7 of 15
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your NFCU CLI and new Apple Card approval.

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 8 of 15
NalekSok
Regular Contributor

Congratulations on both your approval and CLI! 🎉

Message 9 of 15
Buddah
Established Member

Did NavyFed do a hard or soft pull when you requested?

I was getting SP with requests but my last 2 CLI requests in Oct '21(visa sig) & Dec '21(MoreAmex) were both HP. Thanks for the info

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.