gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: NFCU CLI and Approvals!! Need Advice on Next Steps

A fantastic story, congrats to your success and your DDs Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @Anonymous , @AverageJoesCredit , and @gdale6 for the congrats! I appreciate the community support.

Message 22 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

A few points. As you saw , Navys prequal is not solid. Many here hail it as if it were Holy Grail but as you saw, both you and the CSR saw all prequals for all cards yet still declined.  Second, im shocked you got a Capitol One card with only 2 pulls. I noticed you locked your TU in hopes/ or to prevent  Capitol One  from pulling TU and said you knew they pulled all 3. We dont condone this here on myFico  ( forcing a lender to use other bureaus in hopes of not having a specific one pulled ) and for future reference is not a subject allowed to talk about ( creditors should have right to access the bureaus they need when soliciting credit). Thank you for understanding.

Its highly doubtful Navy will move credit to open a new card so just take the hp and wait a couple months. Id say getting 25k instant on second card is sign they like you and most people dont get 25k instantly. Enjoy your successSmiley Happy

@AverageJoesCredit thank you for clueing me in about the CapOne pulls. I had no idea it was frowned upon, nor did I know it violated forum rules. I don't remember where I got it from, but it may have been on another forum. I was just trying to keep my inqs low since I had just gotten the TU pull from Navy. So yeah, I won't be doing that again, lol. 

*Edited to remove question that may have been in violation of forum rules.

Message 23 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Id say getting 25k instant on second card is sign they like you and most people dont get 25k instantly. Enjoy your successSmiley Happy

Wow! Didn't know that was so unusual. Makes me feel even better. Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 34
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the CLI and the approval!

Message 25 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much @coreyb80 !

Message 26 of 34
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

A few points. As you saw , Navys prequal is not solid. Many here hail it as if it were Holy Grail but as you saw, both you and the CSR saw all prequals for all cards yet still declined.  Second, im shocked you got a Capitol One card with only 2 pulls. I noticed you locked your TU in hopes/ or to prevent  Capitol One  from pulling TU and said you knew they pulled all 3. We dont condone this here on myFico  ( forcing a lender to use other bureaus in hopes of not having a specific one pulled ) and for future reference is not a subject allowed to talk about ( creditors should have right to access the bureaus they need when soliciting credit). Thank you for understanding.

Its highly doubtful Navy will move credit to open a new card so just take the hp and wait a couple months. Id say getting 25k instant on second card is sign they like you and most people dont get 25k instantly. Enjoy your successSmiley Happy

@AverageJoesCredit thank you for clueing me in about the CapOne pulls. I had no idea it was frowned upon, nor did I know it violated forum rules. I don't remember where I got it from, but it may have been on another forum. I was just trying to keep my inqs low since I had just gotten the TU pull from Navy. So yeah, I won't be doing that again, lol. 

*Edited to remove question that may have been in violation of forum rules.

No worries, and it wasnt meant to taint your approval. Other forums may and do questionable things in regards to credit but here we try to keep it on the level. If you have questions regarding Forum TOS feel free to pm a Moderator or a CL, though im sure Mods can give you more in depth answer lol. 

Message 27 of 34
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Id say getting 25k instant on second card is sign they like you and most people dont get 25k instantly. Enjoy your successSmiley Happy

Wow! Didn't know that was so unusual. Makes me feel even better. Smiley Happy

Yeah, although ive noticed most people who get the 25k plus limits usually  have high income, many low dti and even with imperfect credit, they usually can pull off 2 or 3 cards with 20k plus limits. 

How good is Navy to the rest of us???  After 3 years i finally achieved a 25k cc with them.....and i dont even make thatSmiley Wink

Message 28 of 34
slickwidit
Established Contributor

Congratulations 🎊 🎉 🎈 🍾. with that big of a CLI and 25K SL on the platinum. 

"Achieving your goal is great and everything.. But The journey is where all the amazing stuff happens" *Slickwidit*
Score goals - 800+ (85 points away)
Message 29 of 34
Heatt99
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations. Another 91/3 should push you towards their "max exposure". Then again might want to ride it out until holiday season or balance transfer season.

Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.