Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CR- AMEX Preferred CASH Approved with data

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU CR- AMEX Preferred CASH Approved with data

Hi everyone!! Man it’s hard to behave when you leave the garden briefly. I joined NFCU last week and decided to apply with the rep on the phone. Not instant response said I’ll hear back in a few days. BAM one day later 1000 CL @ 14 %. I felt on top of the world my highest line not secured. Nfcu pulled TU for membership and Cc. I Pulled all my FICOs and saw I am a 666 experin which is 125 points above where I was awhile ago. With all that success I wanted to check on AMEX which declined me in June with a score of 601. (On the denial it showed because the score was too low. ) I called and talked with a rep and they recommended I apply for the preferred cash. Bam get online no pre approvals but decided to apply anyway. 1000 SL approved! Back to the garden I go.

TU 640
Equifax 672
Experian 666
Fico 8 - 673

UTI 8%
2 paid collections
5 derogs
Payment history
86 percent on time
Last time late 10 months ago

If I’ve missed any data points I’ll gladly post.

Edited to reflect nfcu credit pull.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU CR- AMEX Preferred CASH Approved with data

Congrats on your success story and approvals! Both cards will grow nicely with your profile! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval! 

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval !!!!

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
@Anonymous everyone!! Man it’s hard to behave when you leave the garden briefly. I joined NFCU last week and decided to apply with the rep on the phone. Not instant response said I’ll hear back in a few days. BAM one day later 1000 CL @ 14 %. I felt on top of the world my highest line not secured. Pulled all my FICOs and saw I am a 666 experin which is 125 points above where I was awhile ago. With all that success I wanted to check on AMEX which declined me in June with a score of 601. (On the denial it showed because the score was too low. ) I called and talked with a rep and they recommended I apply for the preferred cash. Bam get online no pre approvals but decided to apply anyway. 1000 SL approved! Back to the garden I go.

TU 640
Equifax 672
Experian 666
Fico 8 - 673

UTI 8%
2 paid collections
5 derogs
Payment history
86 percent on time
Last time late 10 months ago

If I’ve missed any data points I’ll gladly post.

Super Congrats on your Navy Fed and Amex approvals! Smiley Very Happy

Wow. When your EX FICO popped 125 points, your life certainly changed

for the better, didn't it?! We love hearing stories like yours. Good for you! Smiley Very Happy

Quick question: We know Amex hard pulls Experian, but which file(s)

did Navy Fed pull for your Cash Rewards cc? You wrote "Pulled all my FICOs..."

so I'm not sure as to whether you pulled all of your credit files or if Navy Fed

did in their approval process. If you could clear this up, it would be very

helpful to the rest of us looking for some Navy Fed luv in the future. Smiley Very Happy

Congrats once again on your Navy Fed and Amex success. Thanks for sharing! Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I updated the post to show that navy pulled TU for me. This site and everyone here has been a wonderful resource.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Ntf on your overall progress and these nice two cards. 

No interest in a NFCU CLOC? Pulls EQ. 

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn’t really consider a cloc - I just called them and I am unable to use my DW’s income unless we put her on the application also. It might be something we consider down the road. We are still in the process of moving all our deposits into them.
Message 9 of 11
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on both of your approvals! Sounds like your rebuild is coming along well!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.