Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Cash Advance Predicting CLI? Update: Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU Cash Advance Predicting CLI? Update: Approved

Hope you're all doing well! Been a while since I've been on, but good to be back. So let's dive in... I have a NFCU CashRewards with a CL of $700. Of that, the balance is $157. I requested a CLI about 2 days ago and received the 24hr message. Since that time, I've been periodically checking to see if my CL has changed, no dice. What's weird though is when I logged in today, I noticed that my Cash Advance Available (CAA) is $360 but the Cash Advance Limit (CAL) is $210. Now I thought that your CAL is usually 30% of your CL. So 30% of $700 is $210 (the current CAL) but the CAA is showing what would be available for a limit of $1,200. Just to be sure on my 30% theory, I checked my Flagship -CL $10,000 and CAL is $3,000. Also found this thread saying the same: https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/NFCU-Cash-Advance-Limit/td-p/5345446 Has anyone ever paid attention to this before or had a similar experience? I'm wondering if I possibly got a $500 bump, that would be pretty sweet because I love this card. ****edited to include screenshot****

IMG_0649.jpg

Mod note:  I've updated your subject to reflect your approval; feel free to change/edit if you would like.  --UB

33 REPLIES 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Cash Advance Predicting CLI?

The cash advance limit is actually how I realized I had got an auto bump on my Platinum earlier in the year.  Not sure if it showed up before I noticed the limit had changed or not to weigh in, but do know it showed up at least at the same time as the increase did.  I wanna say it did though?  Because I recall doing the math as you did and realized it didn't add up.

Message 2 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome! That gives me some hope. It's funny because I believe last night I was just reading your post in the NFCU CLI thread about your recent successes with CLI. Thanks for the reply!
Message 3 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Awesome! That gives me some hope. It's funny because I believe last night I was just reading your post in the NFCU CLI thread about your recent successes with CLI. Thanks for the reply!

Thanks!

And yeah, found my post.  Kinda feel like I tunnel visioned and focused on that before just looking at the credit limit.  Or maybe by the time I got done fiddling with figuring it out, it had refreshed and showed it.  If it didn't happen less than 5 minutes ago, I hold no responsibility for my misrememberings!  Robot LOL

Message 4 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

...  Has anyone ever paid attention to this before or had a similar experience?

Yes. I had a similar experience when I got my last CLI in December. Hopefully you'll have your CLI soon. I think mine had to reset overnight, but I'm not 100% on that. 

Message 5 of 34
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I was just denied  last week but once i see the new fico update, im smashing again. Yolo Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to know. I’m going to stop checking the app every 5 minutes and just leave it alone until tomorrow to see what happens lol. I can only imagine how backed up they are with people calling and sending messages.
Message 7 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

😂😂😂😂 I know that’s right AJC!!!! This was my first time requesting and I had the card since 2018 so I said what the heck and hulk smashed the button!
Message 8 of 34
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I called in the other day to a ? or 2 , and i didnt have to wait long.  I think its very ymmv because so far every lender ive called has not been that long . 

Message 9 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

I called in the other day to a ? or 2 , and i didnt have to wait long.  I think its very ymmv because so far every lender ive called has not been that long . 

That’s good to know. I’m gonna do my best to hold out for the day, but who the heck knows haha. Not like there are many places I can go right now to spend anyway I guess lol.
Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.