Did you mean: 

NFCU Cash Rewards Approval - After recon

tag
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU Cash Rewards Approval - After recon

@Anonymous wrote:

@HighAchiever wrote:
Congratulations on your approval!!! As others have stated, it will grow... the most important thing was to get your foot in the door!  Smiley Happy

Absolutely! Looking forward to 91 days. Is that from account opening, or first statement?

I believe it is from the account opening date...   Smiley Happy

“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Inquiries: Experian - 4 | Equifax - 3 | TransUnion - 3

Message 21 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HighAchiever wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@HighAchiever wrote:
Congratulations on your approval!!! As others have stated, it will grow... the most important thing was to get your foot in the door!  Smiley Happy

Absolutely! Looking forward to 91 days. Is that from account opening, or first statement?

I believe it is from the account opening date...   Smiley Happy

Awesome. Hopefully, i'll get a new card with a nice SL.

Message 22 of 27
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

Got your foot in the door!

Awesome!

I only got $1,000 with a 745 fico on my first card, so do not sweat it.

91 days later I got a $20,000 flagship with a lower fico.  lol.

GL!

Hoping in 91 days, I can get a CLI and new card.

Yep got a CLI also to $3,000.  3x is max I believe.

GL!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 23 of 27
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

3x does not apply to Navy Fed, only Centurian Bank Amex
Message 24 of 27
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Super gratsSmiley Happy i too started out at $500 and im the poorest person here on myFico! My total exposure with Navy is now at $17.2 K Smiley Happy They will growSmiley Happy

I'm gonna try for a CLI and a new card at 91 days. Not sure which one I should try for.

3 statement cuts and to be safe , id go on day 92 or aboveSmiley Wink. Go for whichever card you would use most. I used to have the Amex too, the triple lindy ( CR, Plat, Amex) but consolidated as i realized i wasnt really using it like i could.Too many cards , lol, makes it hard to properly utilize a card as it should. 

Message 25 of 27
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
3x does not apply to Navy Fed, only Centurian Bank Amex

3x seems to be the max in most cases I have seen for the first CLI.  

Seems odd that I would get exactly 3x on CLI yet 20x my original limit for a new card.

Regardless, I think we can all agree that 2nd SLs are generally much higher than CLIs on 1st cards.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 26 of 27
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I joined NFCU on July 30th. I applied for the cash rewards card on July 31st. My application went under review and was deinied about an hour later. I sent a secure message asking for reconsideration. They replied to me earlier today with the message below.

Thank you for your message. We conducted a second review of your recent application for a cashRewards credit card. We are pleased to inform you that your request has been approved. Your new credit limit is $500.00. If we can be of any further assistance, please let us know.

I'm super excited about being in the door with NFCU even with a $500 SL! 

Congratulations on a successful recon. And if you treat them right, the sky is the limit.

GL2U

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.