cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Cash Rewards Approval and Go Rewards CLI after 90 days!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU Cash Rewards Approval and Go Rewards CLI after 90 days!

Just another data point for NFCU's amazing generosity to rebuilders and those with short credit history. I joined at the beginning of October and was immediately approved for a Go Rewards Visa with starting limit of $1600. At the time, I was just six months into my build from a thin file and the $1600 was by far my largest limit and my first unsecured card other than a Walmart store card.

January 5 marked my first 90 days of membership, and I decided on the 14th to try for a cli on the Go Rewards. Instant approval for a new limit of $3000, which was what I asked for using the cli button. Thinking I may be good to go with them now, I hesitated a bit but then today I applied for the Cash Rewards Visa, since I still wanted a card with a higher limit (Walmart card is also $3K now, but I'm stuck in low-limit hell with Cap1, Discover and U.S. Bank, all at just $500). Well, much to my suprise, after hitting submit on the Cash Rewards app, an approval for $8900 SL at 15.65% came back instantly! Gotta love NFCU! And I'm still three months away from a year since I started all this with no credit at all. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Cash Rewards Approval and Go Rewards CLI after 90 days!

Fantastic progress.
Message 2 of 10
ls2016
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations to you! Use wisely!
Current FICO 8s: Ex 768, Tu 741, Eq 741
Current FICO 9s: Ex 775, Tu ?? Eq 781
Total TLs: $120,000
8 (30-60 day) mortgage lates and 2 (30 day) auto lates remain from Jan., Feb. 2016
Current Mortgage Ex. Fico 2 787
Message 3 of 10
jlitnns
Established Contributor

Congrats! I'm a little jelly!

Robot Very Happy

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Totally, absolutely, unequivocally AWESOME! You are rocking it...

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Just joined and love em already. 

PS. You're a builder not a re-builder if you never had credit before building. Lol

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats! Just joined and love em already. 

PS. You're a builder not a re-builder if you never had credit before building. Lol

I should have mentioned I did have credit about 30 years ago. Burned some cards and never wanted it again, using cash and debit only until last year when I decided to rebuild because of my business. I couldn't have made this kind of progress so fast without the info I got from this forum. I started back in April at age 54 with secured cards from Discover and Capital One, both with $200 limits. 

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahh ok I gotcha. Sorry. I read the part about not having any credit a year ago and just assumed. Either way can't wait for my 90 days w navy to see how they surprise me 

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Ahh ok I gotcha. Sorry. I read the part about not having any credit a year ago and just assumed. Either way can't wait for my 90 days w navy to see how they surprise me 

I'm sure they'll treat you right. I only ran a few hundred dollars through my Go Rewards card in those ninety days, but always paid in full before the due date. 

Message 9 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Awesome SauceumSmiley Happy
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.