Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU - Cash Rewards Approval!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU - Cash Rewards Approval!

Started a relationship with NFCU almost a year ago. Checking + Savings. Direct Deposited $50/week from my check to my checking and had $25 transfer out of it to my savings. Also did a "Pledge Shares Loan" with them for a few hundred dollars while trying to rebuild my credit. My CreditKarma score finally hit 700 so I decided to take a chance at the Cash Rewards card and BOOM - instantly approved with $25K SL. 

Does anyone have any advice on what my next moves should be down the line to improve my scores? According to NFCU's "FicoScore 9" I'm only at a 669 score.

Approval Pic 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU - Cash Rewards Approval!

Congrats on your NFCU Cash Rewards approval!

Unfortunately, I'm of no help with Fico9 yet, I have the same issue/questions. Mine is low 600s and it seems lenders are starting to use that more frequently now. Whereas I've been focused on my Fico 8, now that I don't need to focus on 5, 4 and 2 after obtaining my mortgage. Gives me a headache lol. I feel like 9 is taking a harder hit on my closed/paid COs and possibly the lates from 2019, as my utilization has been extremely low and I don't have any collections. I have a thick file, so I'm unsure what else could be suppressing mine. 

Anyways, enjoy your NFCU card, that's an awesome SL!!

Message 2 of 13
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your Nfcu cash rewards approval!

Message 3 of 13
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Greetings MIMCKEN14 ~ Welcome to the forum -and- congrats on your NFCU Cash Rewards approval.

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 4 of 13
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 5 of 13
Elpadrino1
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your massive NFCU cc approval!

Message 6 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Fantastic you got the max start SL right out of the gate and APR less than 10%, big grats to ya Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 13
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the massive approval!

Message 8 of 13
Remi1
Contributor

Congratulations on your approval and huge SL!

Message 9 of 13
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

25K and lowest APR 😱, doesn't get any better than that!

As for score improvement, having a 669 usually indicates high utilization or negatives present.  

Give the forum members a little background if you want and many here will have great advice for you.

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.