Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Cash Rewards Approval!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU Cash Rewards Approval!

Hi All,

This afternoon (4:45pm est) I applied for a NFCU Cash Rewards card and was approved instantly w/ $1300 CL! My biggest CL to date

HP via TU, current Fico 8 TU is 615, Current TU utilization 57% (important for later), and 9TU inquiries.

Below is additional details on my profile, including an update for anyone reading my previous posts and a question regarding recon my CL

I started this journey 3/6/2016, when I only knew about FAKO scores via CK and my scores were 432.

I applied for CapitalOne Secured and was approved for $200 with a $99 deposit on 3/6.- FAKO 489

On my 3rd statment my CLI was increased to $500. FAKO 516

Between June and December I paid off an old repo, paid to delete multiple collections, and cleared up a garnishment. FAKO 600

On 12/12 I applied for a CreditOne card and was approved for $400, my first unsecured card.

On 12/12 I applied for and denied a Discover IT

On 12/13 I applied for a Capital One QS and was approved for $500 FAKOS dropped to 559

Between Jan, and March 6th I was under the false impression that using the cards near max, and paying it off multiple times in a month would be helpful - my problem was I did not take into account statement date, and as such was constantly reporting high utilization at times exceeding 85%!! 

On 3/6 I found this lovely wealth of knowledge, read about NFCU, opened an account and took another tu HP for the account. FAKO 545, FICO 586eq 604tu 592eq. I was also schooled on my mistakes on utilization etc.

3/15 FICO ex633 tu615 eq629 - TU showing 57% utlization, others show 26% (credione not reported yet).

TU 10 inq, eq 4. 

I was expecting an EQ pull that would show alot less HP and utilization, as such I sent a SM to NFCU with a sceenshot of my creditchecktotal showing the new utilization, and included proof of income requesting a 3k CL explaining the work I have done in the past year to rebuild my credit and am hoping to have an update in the morning.

Sorry for the super long post, just wanted to be helpful for anyone searching for relevant info and help provide a clear picture into my madness.

Thank's for all the help thus far and I hope to soon contribute more to this great community!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Cash Rewards Approval!

Congrats and welcome to the board!  As you have learned credit is a skill and there is no better teacher then the members on this board. 

Treat navy well and they will reward you. 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Cash Rewards Approval!

Good job.  Navy is a beast.  Was a member there for more than two years when I decided to react to a pre-approval.  $18,000 SL.  Was my biggest starting limit by far (CSP started at $5k).  I really don't feel like I ever need another credit card.  This site might help me make a bad decision if another flavor of the month card comes around.  It's hard to stay away from here.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.