cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Cash Rewards and CLOC approval!

ready4success

NFCU Cash Rewards and CLOC approval!

So this is only my second post on the myFICO forums, but I've been having some nice strides lately thanks to all of you guys' insight and motivation so I figured I'd share!

Most recently (3/21/17), I got an instant approval on membership and a Cash Rewards CC ($1700 SL; my largest to date) with NFCU. My dad was in the Army, so that's how I got in.

At the time my scores were around TU 658 EX 623 EQ 596. I also applied for the 15k CLOC and found out I was denied via mail about a week or so later.

I'm currently at TU 659 EX 660 EQ 653 and today I decided to apply again for the CLOC, but only asked for a much more modest $2k and I was conditionally approved, I just need to send in my paystubs to verify my income. 

I've been rebuilding since September/October of last year, and I'm ecstatic to be a part of such an amazing CU and can't wait to start seeing my accounts grow! 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
workingfor850
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU Cash Rewards and CLOC approval!

Welcome to NFCU, they are the best.  Check out the Navy Federal CLI thread by Creditaddict in the Credit Card Applications section for the best information on how to grow those cards.  Creditaddict is the expert on NFCU and provides great guidance.

Message 2 of 4
ready4success

Thanks so much!

I'm definitely familiar with that thread, as I've already posed a couple of questions there.

Creditaddict is A1!

Message 3 of 4
workingfor850
Valued Contributor

@ready4success wrote:

Thanks so much!

I'm definitely familiar with that thread, as I've already posed a couple of questions there.

Creditaddict is A1!

After I joined I also joined for my wife so we have joint checking accounts but seperate memberships. This allows us to each qualify for seperate CCs that we make eachother AUs and CLOC for both of us which gives us 30k of CLOC instead of just 15k.  I suggest couples consider that route.  Also if you have adult children encourage them to establish a relationship with NFCU.  My 24 year old has done really well with them and uses them as her primary bank now.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.