Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Cash Rewards

tag
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

NFCU Cash Rewards

Got approved today for $500. I have a question though. I applied through the app and it gave me my due date, but no other terms. I didn't get an email either, but I got a text message congratulating me. I've tried looking for the T&C to see my APR, but can't find anything about the card. Where do I look? Also, I received a hard pull for account opening and credit card on TU less than an hour apart. While we're at it, what should be My plan of attack with them? I'm currently paying off all my cards ($1758 left) and planning to apply for a car loan in December. And is the longest car loan available really 36 months? Thanks.

Data points

Bureau pulled: TU

Inquiries: 2 on TU

FICO: have no idea. Near 600

Income: $62k

Utilization: 63% (because payment didn't post before reporting by 1 day....)

Baddies: 6

Accounts: 4 CC, 2 Store

Lates: 11 in last 7 years, 0 in last 2

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Cash Rewards

Congrats. It’ll grow in time.

On the website, check under “Account Services”>>>”Credit Card Management”>>>”Check Status of a Pending Credit Card Application.” That should include an approval email with SL and rate.
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on approval

Message 4 of 13
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

Congrats..

They have all lengths of auto loans. New cars up to 10 years- YIKES. Smiley Tongue

I just got one last month. You can adjust the time frame/amounts etc and those adjust the interest.

Their loan tools & process are both great-  Love NFCU!!

They gave me everything I asked for and actually offered me more money. LOL

Good Luck with your auto loan. 

CHEERS

Message 5 of 13
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

thanks everyone! Hoping this grows like I've seen for others. I don't plan to use it much. Fill up my tank, buy some lunch, PIF.

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats. It’ll grow in time.

On the website, check under “Account Services”>>>”Credit Card Management”>>>”Check Status of a Pending Credit Card Application.” That should include an approval email with SL and rate.

Awesome, that's exactly what I was looking for, and I got approved for the APR I thought I'd get, 18%. LMAO! It's ok because I'm still in the rebuilding stage and this is the best APR on any of my cards right now.

Message 6 of 13
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Pikaboo-icu wrote:

Congrats..

They have all lengths of auto loans. New cars up to 10 years- YIKES. Smiley Tongue

I just got one last month. You can adjust the time frame/amounts etc and those adjust the interest.

Their loan tools & process are both great-  Love NFCU!!

They gave me everything I asked for and actually offered me more money. LOL

Good Luck with your auto loan. 

CHEERS

Yeah, I was a little confused.  I had set up the app on my phone and was browsing the products and it was only showing up to 36 mos.  After checking on my laptop I see the 9 years.

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!!
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's NFCU, be thankful.  Keep in mind they have an internal score for you so watch your utilization on that one card alone.

I am grateful for my NFCU membership every day.  Shocked today when my FICO score on my Sam's Club MC jumped nearly 30 points to 786.  Don't know what I did differently except no apps for a year.

Being responsible is why Navy gave me their lowest APR.  You'll get there if you commit yourself.  I ate a can of Chef Boy-R-Dee spaghetti and meatballs today.  That's how committed I am to sticking to a budget.  Rode my bike 30 miles also.  Note: still owe $600 on a BT by September due to toys like my bike.

Message 9 of 13
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

It's NFCU, be thankful.  Keep in mind they have an internal score for you so watch your utilization on that one card alone.

I am grateful for my NFCU membership every day.  Shocked today when my FICO score on my Sam's Club MC jumped nearly 30 points to 786.  Don't know what I did differently except no apps for a year.

Being responsible is why Navy gave me their lowest APR.  You'll get there if you commit yourself.  I ate a can of Chef Boy-R-Dee spaghetti and meatballs today.  That's how committed I am to sticking to a budget.  Rode my bike 30 miles also.  Note: still owe $600 on a BT by September due to toys like my bike.

I'm a fan of instant ramen myself, though I did splurge on some jalapeno spam today to celebrate. I've been very impressed with them in just a few hours. I was ready to drop my local cu, but I may keep them around for a bit.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.