Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CashReward approval ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU CashReward approval ?

Hi,

First post here.. I've been lurking this site ever since I filed for bk7 in late December, getting tips here and there Smiley Happy Well anyway, I recently joined and got approved for membership to NFCU last week. Since I am so fresh out of bk7 I wanted to wait until next year at the earliest to apply for their credit products, BUT after hearing all the great approval success as of late on this forum I bit the bullet & applied. I did not get an instant approval or denial, it went to review. I have not heard anything from NFCU but when i logged into my acct online & checked on the app status, it says approved!

I am very excited but at the same time I don't know if it's a true approval lol. I guess I'll wait and see if anything new changes tomorrow.. *fingers crossed* Btw, for those wondering, my credit scores across the board should be in the low to mid 600s. I have acquired 2 cap1 cards since my bk discharged in April, QS1 for $2000 and QS for $500. I would post a screen shot of the approval page but I don't know how to attach it to this post, sorry. 

Btw, any of you had a similar situation as myself and was indeed approved and got notice a day or 2 later? Perhaps I am over-thinking this lol.. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
datrucking210
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU CashReward approval ?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

First post here.. I've been lurking this site ever since I filed for bk7 in late December, getting tips here and there Smiley Happy Well anyway, I recently joined and got approved for membership to NFCU last week. Since I am so fresh out of bk7 I wanted to wait until next year at the earliest to apply for their credit products, BUT after hearing all the great approval success as of late on this forum I bit the bullet & applied. I did not get an instant approval or denial, it went to review. I have not heard anything from NFCU but when i logged into my acct online & checked on the app status, it says approved!

I am very excited but at the same time I don't know if it's a true approval lol. I guess I'll wait and see if anything new changes tomorrow.. *fingers crossed* Btw, for those wondering, my credit scores across the board should be in the low to mid 600s. I have acquired 2 cap1 cards since my bk discharged in April, QS1 for $2000 and QS for $500. I would post a screen shot of the approval page but I don't know how to attach it to this post, sorry. 

Btw, any of you had a similar situation as myself and was indeed approved and got notice a day or 2 later? Perhaps I am over-thinking this lol.. 

Congrats on your approval. Crossing fingers you get a nice SL, ahem maybe 15k. Log in first thing in the morning and you should see your limit. That's what I did for my app and I logged in around 4am and bam I was floored to see at 15.3k limit on my cash rewards.

I was lurker at the beginning too and then I started posting, nothing wrong with that.

Mid 500's Spring 2014 As of 06/07/16 EQ-700^ TU-738^ EX-697v In the Garden 5/28/16! Goals 750 across the board end of 2016
AU:
Message 2 of 6
datrucking210
Established Contributor

Oh I forgot to tell you to app for CLOC, go for the max 15k. Might get countered but it is a nice back up to have.

Mid 500's Spring 2014 As of 06/07/16 EQ-700^ TU-738^ EX-697v In the Garden 5/28/16! Goals 750 across the board end of 2016
AU:
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got an email from NFCU on the approval! It's only $500 with a 15.4% apr, but I will gladly accept it as I'm sure it will grow with time. I will wait to apply for the CLOC at this time, but thank you!

They pulled transunion for the credit card which I believe is my highest score right now. Definitely going to garden the cards I have until next year at the earliest!
Message 4 of 6
datrucking210
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I just got an email from NFCU on the approval! It's only $500 with a 15.4% apr, but I will gladly accept it as I'm sure it will grow with time. I will wait to apply for the CLOC at this time, but thank you!

They pulled transunion for the credit card which I believe is my highest score right now. Definitely going to garden the cards I have until next year at the earliest!

Bummer, yeah with that SL it is best that you hold off for the CLOC. Get your scores up and try again the near future.

AU:
Message 5 of 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats. In time that limit should increase!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.