Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CashRewards APPROVED!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU CashRewards APPROVED!!

Greetings!

After 7 years without applying for a credit card of my own... I was approved!!

After closing on my new home today, I took a chance and applied for the CashRewards credit card from NFCU  (being part of this forum gave me confidence to take a chance). My credit score was in the high 400's last xmas and after 6 months of heavy rebuild of my credit, I was able to applied for a VA home loan with a mid fico score of 620's... After feeling lucky, I applied and got approved for $24,000 credit limit! Amazing... my current scores EX 636 TU 656 EF 672 - They pulled TU Fico 4 - 656.

My credit history is 17 years old, I have to small medical bills in collections, a short sale 3 years ago and 5 accounts with a negative history. I have for small credit cards (all under 4% uti.) a car loan, and student loans.  I still cant believe it Smiley Happy - Keep working on yor credit it pays off!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU CashRewards APPROVED!!

Congrats on your new home and your new credit card!

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!!
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is pretty awesome..Congratulations on your approval...keep up the good work!! Also congratulations on your new home...Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

NewHome and Navy sounds like a match made in heaven. Big gratsSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 11
peghede
Valued Contributor

Congrats m8 on approval, also with navy will be harder to get 1k cli to 25k than approval 24k.

Message 6 of 11
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the card and the home! Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 11
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on the new home and card approval with a super nice start line. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 11
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Congratulations

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Greetings!

After 7 years without applying for a credit card of my own... I was approved!!

After closing on my new home today, I took a chance and applied for the CashRewards credit card from NFCU  (being part of this forum gave me confidence to take a chance). My credit score was in the high 400's last xmas and after 6 months of heavy rebuild of my credit, I was able to applied for a VA home loan with a mid fico score of 620's... After feeling lucky, I applied and got approved for $24,000 credit limit! Amazing... my current scores EX 636 TU 656 EF 672 - They pulled TU Fico 4 - 656.

My credit history is 17 years old, I have to small medical bills in collections, a short sale 3 years ago and 5 accounts with a negative history. I have for small credit cards (all under 4% uti.) a car loan, and student loans.  I still cant believe it Smiley Happy - Keep working on yor credit it pays off!

Nice..congrats. Thanks for posting this as somewhere I seen a thread which was implying 600 to mid 600 scores didn't get very high limits...you certanly put that in perspective. Thanks

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.