Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CashRewards APPROVED

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU CashRewards APPROVED

I always hear such great things about NFCU, USAA, and PenFed. Decided to go ahead and become a member of PenFed about a month ago, applied for a card, and they told me to kick rocks. So yesterday I decided to apply for a membership at NFCU, everyone is always singing their praises. Membership app went to review, received email 10 minutes later for identity verification, and submitted docs right then. Today I got a generic welcome email but it didn’t have much info so I wasn’t sure if I was good to go or not. Called in and they gave me my access number. FINALLY, in with NavyFed. That was exciting in itself.

I ended up having to call back to enroll in online banking and to apply for a CC and the rep said he could take the app over the phone. Went with the CashRewards... BOOM...APPROVED $700 SL. I’ll take it! I’ve read that it can grow quickly and the rep told me the same. Besides, this is my first unsecured credit card! And to top it off, my bday was yesterday so this was an awesome gift. Needless to say, I’ll be singing their praises now too. Now I can go back to the garden and sleep.

Data Points:

FICO: all three in siggy current as of today

Baddies: 3 collections and a few lates from 4 years ago

Report Pulled: TU, had 7 inq’s and 0% util showing

All other reports on ice.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU CashRewards APPROVED

Congrats!!   00bravosmiley.gif

And Happy Birthday!!!    happybirthday.gif

Message 2 of 12
MrDFinance
Established Contributor

Congrats.... Great card Smiley Happy... Huge Growth Potential
Message 3 of 12
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 4 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Fantastic job , Happy Birthday. Mine started at $500 and now is at $12.5Smiley Happy , low income of course but shows you it will growSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! g on your approval and also the nice improvement you've made in your scores to today's TU 640. 

And Happy Birthday! to you as well.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your CashRewards approval! Definitely a sweet birthday present! Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone! It feels good to see the improvement and reap the rewards of hard work and patience. The best thing is, this is only the beginning. I appreciate you all always providing great DP’s and other info. This forum is a very powerful tool for not only credit, but finances in general. Thanks again for your help!!
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks everyone! It feels good to see the improvement and reap the rewards of hard work and patience. The best thing is, this is only the beginning. I appreciate you all always providing great DP’s and other info. This forum is a very powerful tool for not only credit, but finances in general. Thanks again for your help!!

Your hard work is difinitely paying off. Especially in 91 days when you apply for your 2nd NFCU card and get a nice $10k+ CL! Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!  Happy belated!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.