cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CashRewards APPROVED!!

rguija

NFCU CashRewards APPROVED!!

Greetings!

After 7 years without applying for a credit card of my own... I was approved!!

After closing on my new home today, I took a chance and applied for the CashRewards credit card from NFCU  (being part of this forum gave me confidence to take a chance). My credit score was in the high 400's last xmas and after 6 months of heavy rebuild of my credit, I was able to applied for a VA home loan with a mid fico score of 620's... After feeling lucky, I applied and got approved for $24,000 credit limit! Amazing... my current scores EX 636 TU 656 EF 672 - They pulled TU Fico 4 - 656.

My credit history is 17 years old, I have to small medical bills in collections, a short sale 3 years ago and 5 accounts with a negative history. I have for small credit cards (all under 4% uti.) a car loan, and student loans.  I still cant believe it Smiley Happy - Keep working on yor credit it pays off!

The only thing I know about credit is: pay your bills on time and be patient
Current: EX 675 EQ 657 TU 642
11/2016: EX 446 EQ 448 TU 446
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU CashRewards APPROVED!!

Congrats on your new home and your new credit card!

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 2 of 11
JLady1984
Regular Contributor

Congratulations!!!
Message 3 of 11
doinit1
Valued Contributor

This is pretty awesome..Congratulations on your approval...keep up the good work!! Also congratulations on your new home...Smiley Happy

American Express Business Gold(NPSL 10k) Chase CSP (25k) BofA CR Siggy (20.8k) BofA BBR (22.1k) Amex BCP(4.1k) Overstock (21.1K) Lowes (17K) NFCU CLOC (15K) NFCU VS Cash (15K) Care Credit (15k) J Crew( 11.9k)Venture WMC (10.25k) Amex Everyday (1k) Chase Slate (10k) Walmart MC(10k) BB Visa (10k) Discover(4.5k☝️) PayPal Cashback Mastercard (8k) Chase FU (7.4k) Citi AAdvantage Gold World Elite (9.5K) Citi Double Cash (8.5k) Fidelity® Rewards Visa Signature® Card (6.5K) PenFed PCR (5K) PayPal Credit (4550)Discover (500✌️) Kohls (3k) Chase Freedom (1500)

Mortgage May 2017 - 2 auto loans (1 PenFed and 1 Navy) Aug 2018=98K
Gardening until June 2021

FICO 8 Scores EX 700 EQ 696 TU 703
AAOA 5.2yrs TCL=268,700
Message 4 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

NewHome and Navy sounds like a match made in heaven. Big gratsSmiley Happy
NN7! Fico math 1 HP = 20 CG LIEr Club Plankowner
Message 5 of 11
peghede
Valued Contributor

Congrats m8 on approval, also with navy will be harder to get 1k cli to 25k than approval 24k.

Message 6 of 11
Total80sKid
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the card and the home! Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 11
CreditMagic7
Super Contributor

Congratulations on the new home and card approval with a super nice start line. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 11
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Congratulations

Message 9 of 11
meatman1
Established Contributor

@rguija wrote:

Greetings!

After 7 years without applying for a credit card of my own... I was approved!!

After closing on my new home today, I took a chance and applied for the CashRewards credit card from NFCU  (being part of this forum gave me confidence to take a chance). My credit score was in the high 400's last xmas and after 6 months of heavy rebuild of my credit, I was able to applied for a VA home loan with a mid fico score of 620's... After feeling lucky, I applied and got approved for $24,000 credit limit! Amazing... my current scores EX 636 TU 656 EF 672 - They pulled TU Fico 4 - 656.

My credit history is 17 years old, I have to small medical bills in collections, a short sale 3 years ago and 5 accounts with a negative history. I have for small credit cards (all under 4% uti.) a car loan, and student loans.  I still cant believe it Smiley Happy - Keep working on yor credit it pays off!

Nice..congrats. Thanks for posting this as somewhere I seen a thread which was implying 600 to mid 600 scores didn't get very high limits...you certanly put that in perspective. Thanks

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.