tag
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU CashRewards Approval

@Anonymous wrote:

@xaximus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@xaximus wrote:
Congrats on the new approval. I would recon and see if they can do more. Sometimes it works, other times, it may not. I would also suggest using autopay as it'll help with never missing payments again.

Is it best to recon NFCU using chat, secure messaging, or phone? 

If anything, I would call them directly. Backdoor Recon List - Let them know of your concern but be nice. I wouldn't plead the case but find a medium where you dont sound desperate. One of my cards, I called and simply stated that since this is a lower CL card, I won't really be able to use it since it's a bit low. Ideally, if I can get it reviewed, I will definitely use it more and my end goal is to establish a relationship with ABC Bank. I've heard great things about ABC Bank and would love to be part of the family. Be friendly and open as that's what I've noticed works best.

Good luck on the recon!!

I tried the recon but was unsuccessful. The rep simply stated that I was approved for the maximum amount lending can offer me at this time and to use the card for 6 months and then apply for a CLI.

It sucks when that happens but it's a sign. They want you to use the CC, establish good - responsible history and usage and I'm sure they'll give you a good CLI bump. Good luck!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@xaximus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@xaximus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@xaximus wrote:
Congrats on the new approval. I would recon and see if they can do more. Sometimes it works, other times, it may not. I would also suggest using autopay as it'll help with never missing payments again.

Is it best to recon NFCU using chat, secure messaging, or phone? 

If anything, I would call them directly. Backdoor Recon List - Let them know of your concern but be nice. I wouldn't plead the case but find a medium where you dont sound desperate. One of my cards, I called and simply stated that since this is a lower CL card, I won't really be able to use it since it's a bit low. Ideally, if I can get it reviewed, I will definitely use it more and my end goal is to establish a relationship with ABC Bank. I've heard great things about ABC Bank and would love to be part of the family. Be friendly and open as that's what I've noticed works best.

Good luck on the recon!!

I tried the recon but was unsuccessful. The rep simply stated that I was approved for the maximum amount lending can offer me at this time and to use the card for 6 months and then apply for a CLI.

It sucks when that happens but it's a sign. They want you to use the CC, establish good - responsible history and usage and I'm sure they'll give you a good CLI bump. Good luck!

Thanks!!

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Decided to app for the NFCU CashRewards Visa and was approved for $1000 @ 14.49%. Definitely not the SL I was hoping for but at least it was a denial!

They pulled TU.

Capture.PNG

Congratulations!!Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.