cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CashRewards (Approved), CLOC (Denied)...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU CashRewards (Approved), CLOC (Denied)...

Luckily they didn't do an HP on my CLOC. I am guessing that's because I had JUST been approved for the credit card. Got my letter in the mail. They said that "they couldn't approve the amount that I asked for due to our income (only about $45,000 yearly)." I reapplied again for $500 but I think it was denied too. They will only say that "they were unable to approve the request as submitted." That's what the first one said, and their reasoning for denying the first one was because we asked for the full $15k. Not sure why the second one was denied. Still no additional HPs. Guess I will wait until the first CLI on our CC before applying again. 

Ursula

Message 11 of 13
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry to jump on your thread! I too am in the same situation, never apped for the CLOC and would like to! Awaiting my third statement and maybe even the 2nd AR before requesting a CLI...which will be in January!

My question to the more experienced members is this: In requesting a CLI, I know NFCU will HP EQ. Will this pull also be used for the CLOC app? Would like 2 for the price of 1, lol!!! 

Also, I read something about them using the SP from the AR when doing CLI sometimes, I wonder if this is true as well. 

Congrats and hope it all works out for you! 

Normally you can get the SP CLI from the AR as long as you time it within 7 to 10 days of the AR.  It's always worked that way for me and others,  Not sure about the dual HP though.   I was initially approved for my Cash Rwds Visa but denied for the CLOC.  I figured since I was only 3 or so months post Disch so I just felt lucky that they approved the Visa and a Car Loan at an amazing low rate.  I never reapplied for the CLOC as I dont want the HP.

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry to jump on your thread! I too am in the same situation, never apped for the CLOC and would like to! Awaiting my third statement and maybe even the 2nd AR before requesting a CLI...which will be in January!

My question to the more experienced members is this: In requesting a CLI, I know NFCU will HP EQ. Will this pull also be used for the CLOC app? Would like 2 for the price of 1, lol!!! 

Also, I read something about them using the SP from the AR when doing CLI sometimes, I wonder if this is true as well. 

Congrats and hope it all works out for you! 

First, there is a possibility that the CLI can be a SP if timed correctly, at least 91 days after approval and within a small time frame of an AR. However, if it requires a HP, I believe there will be two separate HP with the CLI and the app for the CLOC, as they are two separate departments with separate UW. Many posts on this forum talk about the how pull-happy NFCU is. Hopefully, others can chime in with their experience.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.