Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CashRewards Approved!

tag
iowe
Regular Contributor

NFCU CashRewards Approved!

I joined NFCU a week ago and took my time deciding which card to try for. Went with the CashRewards today. Instant approval with 22,100k SL. My highest limit card prior to today is my walmart store card with synchrony for 5k.

No baddies for the last two and a half years.
NFCU is my 5th cc.
TU 698
Two unpaid medical collections (3 and 4 years old)
4 disputed lates on a student loan from 2013.
50k income

NFCU made me a big fan today

2024 Goal: To finally be debt free
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU CashRewards Approved!

Awesome congratulations! NFCU is the best!
Message 2 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats thats huge!. In the last 3 posts ive read about Navy, the three people who have divulged their income , have all got huge cli or starting cl. The 3 ive noted have been yours 50k, another 40k, and the other 80k. Im finding this is a huge factor in getting great lines more so than score and utilization . You can have baddies and all but if your income is right seems Navy is willing to overlook alot. Interesting. Sorry op, just musing to myself ,Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 17
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Congrats! Joe, your response is very relevant to my interests. (Im)patiently waiting for my app status.
Message 4 of 17
iowe
Regular Contributor

Not gonna lie. I was a little worried about those unpaid medical collections.

I think income plays a big factor, and perhaps also the length of employment at your current employer.

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations sir food job
Message 6 of 17
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Wow congrats and welcome to the Navy fed family Op that's a wonderful approval
Message 7 of 17
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Do you keep mind sharing your income ?
Message 8 of 17
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Sorry just seen it above
Message 9 of 17
iowe
Regular Contributor

I went ahead and apped for the Penfed Platinum Rewards yesterday also. Same stats as above but EQ 691 and had 10 INQ. Approval after a short review, 5000SL @ 14.49%

I didn't get as much love as Navy gave me with 11.49%, but that's a card I wanted pretty bad. Glad to have my foot in the door with both of these credit unions. I'll be gardening these two new cards for the next two years. Hopefully all inquiries are gone by that point. The objective is to start closing my old lower limit cards that won't budge on a cli (while my rebuild is still relatively young and new anyway) and only have three high limit revolvers without annual fees. Cards that will give me the most return on investment.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.