Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CashRewards CLI at 1 year post BK

tag
wantitgone
Contributor

NFCU CashRewards CLI at 1 year post BK

My BK was discharged in early July last year. I then applied and was approved for the nRewards Secured, which graduated in January to $2k limit. I didn't know if I would be eligible for a CLI because of my BK and having read they limit those of us with BK until 2 years post BK.

But on Sunday, I asked for an increase to $5k. I spend a lot on this card, I pay 2-3 times a month. I used to PIF right after statement cut but with things as they currently are, I've been carrying ~20% on the card (still paying off ALL the statement balance to avoid interest).

Anyway, yesterday I thought for sure they denied me, but I woke up this morning to see my CLI jumped... $500.

It's better than zero, LOL. Either way, I'm looking forward to next summer when I'm 2 years post BK and will haven't gotten any new credit & can apply for a second card! Smiley Very Happy

FICO 8 on 5/31/19 ~~ EQ: 608, TU: 545, EX: 585
BK 7 DC 7/9/19
FICO 8 on 01/31/2023 ~~ EQ: 693, TU: 677, EX: 678

NFCU CLOC $1,000

Apple Card 4,500
Williams Sonoma $1,250
NFCU CashRewards $2,500
NFCU Flagship $12,100
Navy Federal Platinum $25,000
PenFed Pathfinder $12,500
Kemba CU Platinum $3,500
Amazon Store Card (Synchrony) $1500
Paypal Credit $850
Capital One QS $2,000
Capital One Spark $2,000
Overstock Store Card $2,150

AAoA: EQ - 7y9mo, TU - 7y8mo, EX - 5yr7mo (as of 01/31/2023); INQ are 2 EQ, 6 TU, and 5 EX.

New Auto Loan with NFCU (May 2022): 32k for 3.49%/60 months

My DPs: as of January 2023, I am full-time employed, 55k/year, 2 federal consolidated loans plus 3 new student loans, had perfect payment history with 0 derogs until 90 day lates prior to filing BK in March 2019.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU CashRewards CLI at 1 year post BK

Congratulations! Mine just graduated this month. Waiting for that $20-25k card, not that I even need that much but man would it feel good to see and have! They told me I've reached their max credit limit(for now at least) but hey, $6k with them across 2 cards with only 6-7 months credit history so I guess I can't complain hahaha....Smiley LOL

Message 2 of 16
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on getting an early CLI Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 16
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats !! 

Treat Navy good and they will take care of you for life !

Message 5 of 16
mrcraft
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!!

Message 6 of 16
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the CLI!

Message 7 of 16
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your IncreaseSmiley Happy

Message 8 of 16
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your NFCU Cash Rewards CLI!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 9 of 16
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations! Mine just graduated this month. Waiting for that $20-25k card, not that I even need that much but man would it feel good to see and have! They told me I've reached their max credit limit(for now at least) but hey, $6k with them across 2 cards with only 6-7 months credit history so I guess I can't complain hahaha....Smiley LOL

@Anonymous 

Congrats on the Graduation and CLI's.

I read your other post, I would wait 6 months time,

then if you are inclined to APP for another Navy card, your chances will be a lot better.

In the future if you are going to Apply for a new card, do it before you ask for a CLI on your other cards.

Once approved, then ask for CLI's on the older cards. If you do it in reverse, you will bump up against,

"Maximum Internal limit timeframe" ..

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.