Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CashRewards Denial/FNBO Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU CashRewards Denial/FNBO Approval

9CE374B0-7D9B-4152-8E69-B8BB53B5E0A2.png

I wanted to get a relationship started with NFCU to garden for the long haul but submitted an app for the CashRewards and was instantly denied (waiting for denial letter to update post). I went over to FNBO pre qualify tool to see where I stood as I’m looking to get rid of my capital one quicksilver because there is better flat cash back cards. FNBO approved me for 8800 SL instantly with no review or income verification.

Income 52k

New accounts 2/6 5/12 6/24

Ex:741 EQ:749 TU:736

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: NFCU CashRewards Denial/FNBO Approval

GratsSmiley Happy Sorry about the Navy denial. Very weird considering your current profile seems good enough. Is your profile relatively new?

Message 2 of 13
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your FNBO approval! I'm sorry to hear about your Navy Federal denial! Your current cards lineup and Fico scores make this even more surprising to me! Hopefully next time you apply they will approve you.

Had you considered maybe getting their secured card? I think they could use the same pull to approve you for it. I wouldn't think that someone with your profile would normally get a secured card, but with your goal of establishing a relationship with them I think that could be a good alternative step.  You'd likely graduate in 6 months to the Cash Rewards card and then be in a great postiion to get your 2nd Navy Federal card with a decent limit.  

Another alternative could be to do one of their Pledge Loans.  You could deposit $250 into your Share Account and then call them to set up the Pledge loan (secured loan). In 6 months when you pay it off the chances of approval for a credit card would be great! Best wishes to you with whatever you decide to do! 

Message 3 of 13
Elpadrino1
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your FNBO approval!!

Message 4 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your FNBO approval Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your FNBO ApprovalSmiley Happy

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, the AAoA is 10 months and AoOA is 2.3 years, I was kind of shocked as well after reading about NFCU on here I was really expecting to get approved even if the SL was on the lower end for the first nfcu card. Definetly looking to phase out my cap 1 QS would it be better in the future to try and PC the quicksilver?

Yes, the AAoA is 10 months and AoOA is 2.3 years, I was kind of shocked as well after reading about NFCU on here I was really expecting to get approved even if the SL was on the lower end for the first nfcu card. Definetly looking to phase out my cap 1 QS would it be better in the future to try and PC the quicksilver?

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jordan23ww wrote:

Congratulations on your FNBO approval! I'm sorry to hear about your Navy Federal denial! Your current cards lineup and Fico scores make this even more surprising to me! Hopefully next time you apply they will approve you.

Had you considered maybe getting their secured card? I think they could use the same pull to approve you for it. I wouldn't think that someone with your profile would normally get a secured card, but with your goal of establishing a relationship with them I think that could be a good alternative step.  You'd likely graduate in 6 months to the Cash Rewards card and then be in a great postiion to get your 2nd Navy Federal card with a decent limit.  

Another alternative could be to do one of their Pledge Loans.  You could deposit $250 into your Share Account and then call them to set up the Pledge loan (secured loan). In 6 months when you pay it off the chances of approval for a credit card would be great! Best wishes to you with whatever you decide to do! 

Once I received the denial letter I was going to try and recon to figure it out or see if at the very least they could turn my HP into a secured card to build that relationship up, I have not been a member very long maybe a little over a month. 

Message 8 of 13
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

That's terrific!!  Congratulations on your FNBO Approval!! 🎉🥂👏

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

There you go! When one lender won't approve you,  another one will! 😂

Congrats on your FNBO approval 👏!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.